Electrical Engineer - Commercial Sector London
RED is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek an eletrical engineer to be based in our London office. You will be 2-3 years minimum post-graduation, at the early stages of your career journey at engineer level and have the ability to run small sized projects. Confidently be capable of representing RED within your peer group and project team members, and take a supported client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects. You should possess solid engineering ability, capable of all aspects of electrical design including small power, lighting, fire alarms, containment for your grade.
Further skills will include experience of assisting in the delivery of commercial base build and workspace schemes, hotel, residential and retail projects, together with the supporting the coordination of engineering project services. You should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and external contacts.
The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in consultancy and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Preparation of specification modifications (word or excel)
- Ensure engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Responsible for validation of Graduate Engineer input into designs
- MSc degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Working towards or have achieved MCIBSE/MIEE or equivalent
- Working towards Chartered Eng status
- Experience of specification design/drawing for at least one building type
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office apple excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Managerial Skills
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit UK nationals are we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a question?
Get in touch