Electrical Engineer Singapore
RED is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek a fully experienced electrical engineer to be based in our Singapore office. You will have the ability to run small sized projects and undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Further skills will include detailed data centre experience together with the coordination of engineering project services, with a proven track record in project management and delivery of high value technology sector projects. Experience working on a range of other building types would be an advantage.
You should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and have experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations.
In addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and be capable of incorporating those technologies into data centre sector. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working building services consultancy and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Singaporean or permanent resident, a Mandarin speaker would be desirable, a Professional/Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years industry experience.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating engineering project work and design activities to ensure that project goals/objectives are accomplished within agreed deadline
- Supports and acts as mentor to less senior engineers in technical elements of project work
- Designs and specifies electrical, public health, fire protection installations, equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Selects appropriate electrical, public health, fire protection engineering concepts and solutions
- Leads coordination of engineering services on projects undertaken within the local office
- Attend team meetings and conference calls with front office engineers to discuss/review project technical requirements and deliverables
- Reviews project proposals or plans to input into time frame, procedures for accomplishing project, resource requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project
- Confers with RED project team to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities and scope of project design
- Confers with local team personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Establishes work plan and Engineering/CAD resource for each phase of project and arranges for assignment of project personnel
- Co-ordinated local team personnel to provide technical advice, resolve problems and ensure projects progress on schedule and meet RED project brief requirements
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies or plans as required. Prepares project status/progress reports for Management/Directors
- Provides detailed technical support to the local office and assist with electrical technical support
- Validation and checking of electrical engineering documents/drawings leaving the local office
- Efficient use of computer assisted project software for both project related calculations and project resource management
- Ensures document control methods are being adhered to and quality control standards are being achieved
- Assists with recruitment/management of staff where necessary
- Assists with electrical technical design reviews
- Assists the management with programme and resource planning for projects and teams
- Degree qualified, Licensed engineer and have sufficient experience with International Consulting Engineering
- Leadership and people management skills
- Presentation skills – commercial / business developments /fee bids and technical
- Effective written and oral communication
- Competent in specification design/drawing for several building types
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS SC and International design codes and standards
- Ability to work unsupervised and prioritise own workload
- Ability to concisely delegate appropriate tasks to electrical engineers
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good team building and motivational skills and techniques
- Analytical approach to problem solving and team relationships
- Acts in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guideline
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Have a question?
Get in touch