Graduate Engineer (Electrical) | RMS Bicester
RED Managed Services (RMS) is a specialist MEP services company offering technical project management, commissioning management and consultancy services to clients, contractors and end users.
We are looking for a Graduate Electrical Engineer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, take a proactive approach to tasks and hold an electrical or Building Services degree or equivalent. Practical on the tools experience would also be an advantage. Based from our Bicester office, the role will involve supporting the project engineering team with some travel to various construction sites in and around the east midlands and south east regions.
- BSC/BEng (or equivalent) in appropriate engineering discipline
- Working towards MCIBSE/MIEE or equivalent
- Working towards Chartered Eng status
- Basic working knowledge of CAD functionality
- Basic understanding of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Basic understanding of BS standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ideally have previous site experience
- Ability to travel to sites within UK and across Europe
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- Undertakes project work, taking delegated responsibility for the preparation of engineering designs for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, e.g. sizing of cables, sizing of ducts for ventilation systems, hot & cold water equipment, facilities etc
- Data manipulation of original drawings according to specification revisions
- Carries out independent reading and research to support drawing/specification accuracy
- Liaison with various contractors re designs and co-ordination of installations
- Able to carry out site surveys and produce associated reports with guidance from Senior Engineer.
- Ensures document control requirements are fulfilled prior to issue by making sure drawings have correct titles etc and are in correct order
- Advanced Graduate (1-2 years exp) - Preparation of specification modifications (word or excel)
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to working with a rapidly expanding company on a varied selection of projects.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Have a question?
Get in touch