Junior Sustainability / BREEAM Assessor Bicester
Red Managed Services (RMS) is a specialist service company dedicated to all technical engineering aspects of operating buildings to ensure clients enjoy the whole life benefits inherent in their design.
We are seeking to employ a Junior Sustainability / BREEAM Assessor who will have responsibility for supporting in the preparation of BREEAM and LEED Assessments including information-gathering, collation of evidence and liaising with design teams.
The ideal candidate will be a car owner/driver.
- Responsibility for supporting the preparation of BREEAM and LEED Assessments including information-gathering, collation of evidence and liaising with design teams
- Assistance with LEED assessments
- Supporting BREEAM assessments
- Dynamic simulation modelling of buildings using IES-VE software
- Generation of reports for Building Regulations compliance and issuing of energy performance certificates
- Production of BREEAM related reports including Low/Zero Carbon, thermal comfort, natural ventilation and daylight harvesting
- Work with architects for the analysis of passive energy efficiency measures in building including glare reduction, thermal insulation and glazing solar gain assessments as part of the initial building designs
- Carry out the analysis for, and issuing of, Planning Energy Statements working as part of the design team for planning applications
- Involvement in energy, waste and water analysis for master-planning of new sites
- Participate in energy audits and issue of the reports for energy efficiency projects including analysis of client data
- Simulation of renewable energy technologies for different sites to demonstrate reduction in Carbon emissions and cost savings
- Degree qualified (BA, BEng, or MSc) relevant to energy / sustainability sectors
- Minimum of two-three years relevant industry experience preferred
- Working knowledge of BREEAM 2014 Non-domestic Refurbishment & Fit-out scheme
- Good technical knowledge of sustainability in the built and natural environment
- Experience of using thermal modelling software (preferably IES)
- Previous experience of undertaking Environmental Audits, a NEBOSH qualification would be an advantage
- General understanding of Building Services design and engineering terms
- Good knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel, etc
- High quality report writing skills
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spread sheet software
- Good understanding of BS standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Able to work autonomously with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Full UK driving licence
- Willing to travel
- Accuracy/Excellent attention to detail
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to working with a rapidly expanding company on a varied selection of projects.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Have a question?
Get in touch