Learning & Personal Development Assistant South East
RED is an award-winning building services design consultancy. Due to continuing growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen. We are looking for an experienced Learning & Personal Development Assistant to join our friendly, fast paced and creative working environment. This is a permanent position reporting to the Business Services Director where the successful candidate will have specific responsibility to carry out a wide range of duties to support the HR and learning and development function, together with providing responsive, effective and efficient learning and development support including the administration and delivery of personal development reviews, talent programs and the provision of monthly reporting information, together with research and presentation of findings as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and assist in more complex L&D duties. Familiarity with our industry would also an advantage. The role would suit candidates with easy access to work from either our London or Bicester office.
- Previous Director level support experience within a training or learning and development capacity (essential)
- Degree qualified or equivalent in an appropriate L&D, Personal Development or HR competency (desirable)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of other MS Office applications including Outlook
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Possesses tact and diplomacy, and the ability to build relationships
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulations (desirable)
- Good presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and orally
- Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good understanding of personal development and talent management processes and terminology (essential)
- Previous experience within the consulting or construction industry (desirable)
- Flexible; able to carry out overtime at short notice
- Competent in research aspects and presenting findings
- Experience of web-based HR, PDR, talent and L&D systems (desirable)
- Ability to prepare impactful and succinct graphical information from multiple data sources
- Previous experience in the preparation and submission of employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and analysing data.
- Proven experience in the delivery and administration of personal development reviews and talent management programs (essential)
- Adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve in a timely manner
- High level of integrity and ability to recognise and correct mistakes and maintain continuous improvements
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- Act as primary contact point for the PDR, L&D and Talent retention process
- Assist in the implementation of L&D and personal development reviews (PDR)
- Assist with the implementation of PDR, training and development and talent management Policies
- Assist in maintaining employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data
- Works with the Business Services Director to deliver the vision, mission and values of the Company
- Assist in the production of letters, reports, presentations, proposals and graphical board dashboards
- Daily management of the administration and processing of PDRs, talent and training and development for employees, including the accurate recording of information
- Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping PDR and associated information confidential
- Maintain personal knowledge and CPD by attending educational workshops and webinars and reviewing publications
- General typing duties including compilation and updating of staff records into an online management system and training record database, together with extraction of such data as required
- Addressing current working practices to maximise office and time efficiencies
- Help select appropriate learning/training materials and programs to provide effective and innovative solutions.
- Attending conferences and seminars as appropriate and reporting findings
- To assist in the delivery of a Personal and L&D Career Framework
- To ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons
- Assist in the implementation of Quality Assurance processes and policies in respect of PDR and Training and Development aspects
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will suit a UK national as we are unable to offer sponsorship.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENTS PLEASE.
Location: South East
Have a question?
Get in touch