Revit/BIM Co-ordinator Singapore
RED is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek a fully experienced Revit/BIM Co-ordinator to be based in our Singapore office. You will have the ability to compile and issue Revit /BIM models across all building types and sectors and be able to assist with the production of presentation material for clients.
Further skills will include excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and have experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to Revit/BIM modelling and co-ordination. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working building services consultancy and takes a proactive approach to tasks.
The ideal candidate will be a Singaporean or permanent resident, a Mandarin speaker would be desirable, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years industry experience.
- Briefing and training of the modelling team on new or latest versions of software
- Final checking of models for accuracy prior to issue making modifications or directing subordinates where required
- Liaison with lead office clients re required model modifications
- Motivating the team to increase their use of new software techniques and undertake coaching as necessary
- Liaison with lead office staff re model production
- Taking responsibility for discrete areas of engineering design as delegated by senior engineering staff
- Modelling MEP systems across all business sectors
- Develop schematic and detailed Revit/BIM MEP Models
- Co-ordinate with BIM consultants and other RED engineers
- Attend BIM model co-ordination meetings as required
- Run M&E internal Revit/BIM workshops
- When required attend meeting via video conference with the project team and report on work progress
- Participate in team meetings, disseminate information within the team, and communicate with other teams across the business
- Liaise with the design team to ensure that the models and detail produced are to the required standards
- Carry out a review of all models to ensure internal QA procedures are followed
- Respond to changes in tasks and workload by amending schedules and plans
- Exercise straightforward technical and professional judgement using company policy, standards and procedures to guide actions and decisions
- Complete timesheet accurately ahead of weekly deadlines
- Training of RED staff, partners and clients in Revit/BIM modelling techniques and capabilities
- Flag resourcing concerns to design manager and assist colleagues to ensure team timelines are met
- Have an innovative and holistic approach to sustainability and building modelling design
- Contribute to and question technical and construction issues associated with the design/modelling process
- BSC/BEng, BTEC National Dip in Construction or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline (desirable)
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD MEP 2010 and Revit MEP (either via degree or prior practical experience) including setting up of drawing templates, building of parametric parts libraries and use of intelligent duct and pipe routines
- Minimum of 5 years Revit project experience desirable
- Graduate or Associate member of CIBSE or greater preferred
- Previous experience of working in a global business with experience working in Asia Pacific desirable
- REVIT/BIM, Revit MEP2012 and Revit Architecture competent
- Knowledge of MS office, work, excel, etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Able to customise the AutoCAD/Revit menus, create MEP parts and libraries
- Sound knowledge of key health & safety issues
- Working knowledge/experience of Google Sketch
- A good understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering and general construction work desirable
- Able to write scripts in AudtoLisp or equivalent latest AutoCAD/Revit Language
- Competent user of Navisworks and 3D studio Max
- Good understanding of Singapore standards/BS/NFPA preferred
- Excellent leadership skills (previous team leadership experience essential)
- Presentation Skills
- Knowledge and working experience in the design of mechanical services, including air conditioning, heating and ventilation and water services
- Reacts well to client pressure and has strong desire to deliver on their projects
- Self motivated in approach to tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Acts in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Have a question?
Get in touch