Apprentice Design Manager
RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
Through our market leading technical expertise, we enable the world’s digital infrastructure and develop the built environment whilst also helping clients realise ambitious plans for zero carbon-built environments. We cover the entire life cycle of any building project, with our broad capability offering saving our clients time, money, and effort. Our approach is centred around listening to our clients and interacting energetically with our fellow project stakeholders. We add value with our people, client service ethos, global delivery strategy, technical ability, and attitude.
We now seek an Apprentice Design Manager to join our London office.
- Undertakes project work, taking delegated responsibility for the project and delivery responsibility within the RED Technology team
- Data manipulation of Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Civils and Structures information together with project support functions
- Carries out independent reading and research to support delivery of projects
- Liaison with various contractors, clients, and consultants regarding delivery of project
- Ensures document control requirements are fulfilled prior to issue of information by making sure drawings have correct titles etc and are in correct order.
- Use design management delivery tools to monitor and control project coordination arrangements, including reporting on various inputs and outputs for overall project progress tracking and delivery.
- Supports more senior staff within the RED Technology team with delegated tasks in delivery of projects. Typical tasks may include preparation of project reports, action trackers, coordinating multidiscipline activity.
- Advanced (1-2 years exp): Preparation of reports (word or excel)
- Must hold 5 GCSEs A-C Including Maths and English, or equivalent.
- A Level BBC or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Enthusiastic, driven and dynamic self-starter with career progression aspirations
- Able to facilitate DTMs/Workshops and record key actions.
- Possess exceptional clear communication skills and command of English spoken/written
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the RED Project Delivery Process from a Project Management, Financial Management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective.
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- Background in consulting, design or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The role will ideally suit those with the right to live & work in the UK without restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.