Associate - Electrical
RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
Through our market leading technical expertise, we enable the world’s digital infrastructure and develop the built environment whilst also helping clients realise ambitious plans for zero carbon-built environments. We cover the entire life cycle of any building project, with our broad capability offering saving our clients time, money, and effort. Our approach is centred around listening to our clients and interacting energetically with our fellow project stakeholders. We add value with our people, client service ethos, global delivery strategy, technical ability, and attitude.
We now seek a fully experienced Associate to be based in our Bicester office with the ability to inspire others and will be responsible for running major projects.
- Responsible for running of Major projects. Takes Team Management role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc. (majority of building types)
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of fee bids
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client or others.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Ensure engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with, and provides advice to client
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the RED Project Delivery Process from a Project Management, Financial Management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective.
- BSc/BEng in appropriate engineering discipline or have sufficient equivalent experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE or HND/HNC + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered Eng status
- Significant experience of specification design for a range of building types
- Sound knowledge & working application of key health and safety issues and legislation
- Appreciation & working knowledge of contract & business law
- Knowledge of MS office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use it based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of bs standards/ UK regulations/codes
- Experience and understanding of invoicing and credit control
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Leadership & mentoring skills
- Presentation skills
- Chairing/facilitation of meeting skills
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com