Associate Engineer (Electrical)
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Associate Engineer to be based within our German office with the ability to inspire others. You will currently be undertaking a lead role in detailed design and management with skills and experience in data centre and mission critical projects. You will have a proven track record in project management delivery for large projects.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, a wealth of experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships and business development of our sector portfolio.
Possessing excellent commercial and entrepreneurial awareness, you must be able to identify and develop new opportunities for RED services in addition to having expert technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and capable of incorporating those technologies into the sector portfolios. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in consultancy and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years’ industry experience.
- Responsible for running of Major projects. Takes Team Management role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for mechanical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc. (majority of building types)
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of fee bids
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client or others.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Ensure engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with, and provides advice to client
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
- BEng in appropriate engineering discipline or have sufficient equivalent experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered Eng status
- Fluent German speaking and ideally fluent (professional working proficiency) in English
- Significant experience of specification design for a range of building types
- Experience of data centre or other mission critical projects
- Sound knowledge & working application of key health and safety issues and legislation
- Appreciation & working knowledge of contract & business law
- Knowledge of MS office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use it based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of bs standards/ international and German regulations/codes desirable
- Experience and understanding of invoicing and credit control
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Leadership & mentoring skills
- Presentation skills
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
Culture and Values
RED believe that people are our greatest strength, bound by ours and Engie Impact’s vision to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the environment thrive. We are passionate about making our company and the world a better place; responsible in working with commitment and accountability; collaborative with our colleagues and clients, and agile enough to work in a dynamic, changing industry.
The wide-ranging expertise of our diverse team fuels the innovation that places us on the leading edge of the energy and consulting industry. As such, we nurture a company culture—through training, mentoring and professional development—that encourages all employees to thrive.
Employees will embody the values and culture of the company internally and externally to drive high performance in a rapidly evolving business and industry.
Engage with colleagues in a manner that connects employees with the company’s purpose, demonstrates alignment with company values, and embeds company culture.
Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to working with a rapidly expanding company on a varied selection of projects.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit UK nationals are we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Munich, Germany