Associate Mechanical Engineer
RED is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek an Associate Mechanical Engineer to be based in our Dubai office with the ability to inspire others. You will have the ability to run projects, undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships of our sector portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering or equivalent with ambitions of working toward becoming a Chartered Engineer and with a minimum of eight years industry experience.
- Responsible for running of Major projects
- Takes Team Management role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc. (majority of building types)
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of fee bids
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client, or others.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Ensure engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with, and provides advice to client
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
- BSc/BEng in appropriate engineering discipline or have sufficient equivalent experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE or HNC/HND + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Significant experience of specification design for a range of building types
- Sound knowledge & working application of key health and safety issues and legislation
- Appreciation & working knowledge of contract & business law
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc.
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of UAE, BS and NFPA standards/ Regulations/Codes
- Experience and understanding of invoicing and credit control
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Leadership & mentoring skills
- Presentation skills
- Chairing/facilitation of meeting skills
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to Dubai@red-eng.com
Region: Middle East