RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We are now seeking a BIM Technician to join our RED-ICT team. The successful candidate will demonstrate a combination of electrical engineering and ICT/telecommunication infrastructure modelling experience, preferably with a minimum of 3 years gained in a consulting engineering practice or related construction industry environment.
This position comprises a blend of hands-on REVIT based modelling working alongside ICT engineers and design coordination through both internal and external project meetings. Drawing production timeliness and quality assurance is a primary factor, particularly associated with data centre projects.
The role presents an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team in the pursuit of technical excellence
- Providing support to engineering design team in the production/modification of design package deliverables including drawings, schematics, PDFs, schedules etc.
- When necessary preparing drawings from scratch in 2D CAD and 3D Revit
- Taking responsibility for drawing co-ordination with all other engineering disciplines, internally and externally.
- Liaison with internal team members, Manila office and external partners and clients.
- Distribution and workflow processing of the BIM teamwork in progress, document control and filing.
- Intimate knowledge of BIM software systems (either via degree, relevant course or prior practical experience) including layering, x-refs, paper space and model space conventions.
- Ideally academic qualifications in electrical engineering with ICT telecommunication skills highly desirable.
- Detailed knowledge and demonstrable track record in the following applications is essential; REVIT/BIM360/Navisworks. Ideally supported by continual professional development.
- Full working knowledge of MS Outlook, Teams, Office - word, excel, etc.
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to prioritse own workload, commitment to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good clear spoken English.
- English written grammatical skills.
- Personable manner, comfortable with presenting technical information including video meetings.
- Adaptable to changes in working hours where required to engage with different global time zones.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit UK/EU nationals are we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.