Commissioning Lead - Data Centres
RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
Through our market leading technical expertise, we enable the world’s digital infrastructure and develop the built environment whilst also helping clients realise ambitious plans for zero carbon-built environments. We cover the entire life cycle of any building project, with our broad capability offering saving our clients time, money, and effort. Our approach is centred around listening to our clients and interacting energetically with our fellow project stakeholders. We add value with our people, client service ethos, global delivery strategy, technical ability, and attitude.
We are now seeking an experienced Commissioning Lead to be based in our London office, reporting to the Regional Director.
- Lead a team of commissioning managers across a wide range of projects in the data centre sector
- Represents Company at meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams as required
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on enquiries and projects including feasibility studies and preparation of fee bids
- Take ownership of financial reporting on projects
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation
- Day to day decision making on project progress, resourcing and direct liaison with, and provides advice to client
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Manage and plan resources for site attendances and witnessing for all projects
- Provide Bid support for securing new projects
- Manage the review process for design drawings, specifications and technical submittals in order to produce a commission-ability review
- Manage the review process for commissioning Tech Subs for technical content and contract compliance and organise workshops with Trade Contractors and the Client to expedite sign off
- Ensure all project deliverables are agreed and are managed
- Manage production of/produce a commissioning plan for all projects
- Manage production of/produce a commissioning programme as required
- Manage the review process for project commissioning programmes
- Ensure project test and commissioning documentation is produced
- Manage the setup of BIM360 for the purposes of managing the commissioning process
- Organise all equipment factory acceptance testing (FAT)
- Manage the production of reports following FAT visits
- Ensure project progress reports for Management, Client or others are produced and issued.
- Interface with the Package Manager's on installation matters impacting the commissioning process
- Manage the interface with the Contractors in the preparation of the L1, L2 and L3 commissioning documents
- Manage the production of the level 4 and 5 test scripts
- Attend commissioning meetings to drive the time management and resource planning with Consultant and Contractors
- Liaise with Consultant and Contractors in a proactive manner to close out commissioning issues arising
- Ensure all project completion documentation and reports are produced as required
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the RED Project Delivery Process from a Project Management, Financial Management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective.
- Manage and mentor other team members
- Mentor Graduate Commissioning Managers
- Actively engage with the different RED departments to increase commissioning awareness and develop working interfaces
- Work in coordination with the technical delivery team to develop and improve commissioning processes and procedures
- Actively engage in business development both internally and externally
- Support the CPD process to arrange and manage appropriate commissioning CPD seminars
- Degree qualified or HNC/HND + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Hold membership to the IET/MCIBSE/IMechE
- Chartered Engineer status or working towards
- Fully conversant with ASHRAE testing levels 1-5
- Understanding of BSRIA and CIBSE guidelines
- Understanding of relevant British and European standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Financial management / reporting
- Sound working knowledge of Contracts desirable but not essential
- Understanding of equipment tagging systems
- Strong use of Microsoft suite of software
- Understanding of BIM360
- Ability to produce programmes in Microsoft Project
- Good communication skills with all parties, including client team
- Develop good, positive relationships with all parties involved in the commissioning delivery process
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Resource management
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Management of people – motivation, Leadership and mentoring skills
- Management of situations - organisational
- Chair, control and minute regular meetings
- Strong report writing skills
- Good attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com
*This role will ideally suit those with the right to live & work in the UK without restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.