We are seeking to employ an experienced Company Accountant to be based in our Oxford Office.
This is a stand-alone role responsible for the Finance Department of the Irish subsidiary of a large international group
The successful candidate will enjoy a variety of work and the ability to operate in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Manage the accounting cycle to ensure month-end accounts are completed in an accurate and timely manner and in line with Ireland & UK Financial Reporting Standards
- Manage the payroll of the company, liaising with Irish administration
- Contribute to the preparation and timely reporting of management accounts, ensuring accurate reporting within financial timescales. Lead on key areas on month end close including ensuring AP/AR close and revenue close.
- Day to day management of the entity bank account(s) and preparing regular short term cash flow forecast, liaising with bankers and with the Red Group central treasury with regards to potential hedges to be put in place
- In collaboration with the business analyst team, critically analyse periodical results, providing value and add commercial insights to management
- Drive automation and process improvements; identify and introduce new ways of working and where necessary enhancing financial controls
- Collaborate with external counsels in the delivery of tax and regulatory reporting
- Support internal budgeting and forecasting process
- 5yrs relevant work experience, background in consulting or construction preferred
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ ACCA or CIMA), experience in ERP implementation being a plus
- Working knowledge of Irish, UK and International Accounting Practises
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to communicate financial requirements to key stakeholders and support stakeholders including profit & loss analysis/ budget requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Excel,
- Intermediate knowledge of other MS Office applications including Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, and MS Teams
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Hours flexibility (able to carry out overtime at short notice)
- Competent in research aspects and presenting findings
- Ability to prepare impactful and succinct graphical information from financial data
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Working experience of SAP or similar program (desirable)
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the ethics charter and ethics in practice guidelines
- Engage with colleagues in a manner that connects employees with the company’s purpose, demonstrates alignment with company values, and imbeds company culture.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENTS PLEASE.