Director (Electrical) -
RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We are seeking a Director to be based within our German office with the ability to inspire others. You will currently be undertaking a lead role in detailed design and management with skills and experience in data centre and mission critical projects. You will have a proven track record in project management delivery for large projects.
- Takes Team Management role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc. Provides strategic level business management and leadership
- Takes strategic level responsibility for critical business function (HR, Finance etc)
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of fee bids
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client or others.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Ensure engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Works with other directors and staff to set direction of company (vision, mission and values)
- Contributes to the development of robust organisational structure and effective business plan.
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
- Develop and promote technical excellence in design within the office
- Maximise current and future project profitability
- Sector commercial management against budget/target
- Maximise opportunities for new and repeat business
- Team leadership and staff development/mentoring
- BSc/BEng in appropriate engineering discipline/BEng General Building Services or have sufficient equivalent experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE or HND/HNC + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered Engineer status
- Fluent German speaking and ideally fluent (professional working proficiency) in English
- Proven history of office and major project delivery in appropriate sector
- Stable career background in Building Services
- Proven experience of leading a business stream
- Understanding of business strategy principles and skills
- Measurable record as primary point of contact for major sector clients – sustainable income stream
- Have robust knowledge and understanding of European / International marketplace and an established profile in this area
- Proven history of office strategic leadership, development and mentoring of staff
- Balanced strong communicator
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- In depth experience of design and specification across the majority of building types
- Experience of having managed International projects (desirable)
- Sound knowledge & working application of key health and safety issues and legislation
- Appreciation & working knowledge of contract and business law
- Knowledge of MS office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use it based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of bs standards/ international and German regulations/codes
- Experience and understanding of invoicing and credit control
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Presentation skills
- Advanced leadership & mentoring skills
- Chairing/facilitation of meeting skills
Culture and Values
RED believe that people are our greatest strength, bound by ours and Engie Impact’s vision to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the environment thrive. We are passionate about making our company and the world a better place; responsible in working with commitment and accountability; collaborative with our colleagues and clients, and agile enough to work in a dynamic, changing industry.
The wide-ranging expertise of our diverse team fuels the innovation that places us on the leading edge of the energy and consulting industry. As such, we nurture a company culture—through training, mentoring and professional development—that encourages all employees to thrive.
Employees will embody the values and culture of the company internally and externally to drive high performance in a rapidly evolving business and industry.
Engage with colleagues in a manner that connects employees with the company’s purpose, demonstrates alignment with company values, and embeds company culture.
As a leader with a company-wide profile, your role will;
- embody the values and culture of the company internally and externally to drive high performance in a rapidly evolving business and industry
- lead employees and colleagues in a manner that connects employees with the company’s purpose, demonstrates alignment with company values, and imbeds company culture
- champion the leadership behaviours needed to build a high-performance team with a diverse, engaged employee demographic adaptable to change
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to working with a rapidly expanding company on a varied selection of projects.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit UK nationals are we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Germany (Munich)