Electrical Engineer (Design & Commissioning)
Bicester / London
RED is a multi-award-winning Design Consultancy whose ambition is to be a key contributor towards the zero-carbon transition as part of an enterprise-wide transformation within ENGIE Impact. ENGIE Impact was created to accelerate the sustainability transformation for corporations, cities and governments. ENGIE Impact helps organizations embed sustainability into their operational strategies, allowing them to bridge the gap between sustainability commitments and realized results that capture economic value and make organizations more competitive over the long-term.
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer (Design & Commissioning). The ideal candidate will have proven ability in running similar projects; possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills both with colleagues, and clients with leading client organisations and contractors.
- Review project documentation for technical content and compliance and contract compliance
- Carry out commissioning reviews
- Produce commissioning plans
- Produce and manage a commissioning programme
- Produce and manage testing and commissioning progress reporting schedule
- Produce a schedule of commissioning RAMS (Risk Assessments/Method Statements) and/or test scripts
- Review, comment and approve sub-contractors commissioning RAMS and/or test scripts
- Identify, organise and attend all equipment factory acceptance testing (FAT)
- Produce reports following FAT visits
- Carry out installation and pre-commissioning inspections and checks
- Manage, coordinate and witness all testing and commissioning activities including functional and integrated testing
- Identify, document and manage testing and commissioning issues arising and close out accordingly
- Plan, coordinate and manage client training requirements
- Produce weekly and monthly progress reports
- Chair and/or attend project commissioning meetings and workshops. Produce and issue minutes as required
- Full project stakeholder management and liaison including contractors, specialists, other consultants, O&M provider and the client
- Interface and coordinate with any third parties including statutory authorities, utility providers, FM and building management teams
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the RED Project Delivery Process
- Electrically biased ideally with previous mission critical and/or pharmaceutical experience
- Ideally has design experience from either a consultancy and/or contractor background
- Fully conversant with industry standard commissioning processes and acceptance protocols (ASHRAE/CIBSE etc)
- Strong understanding of electrical standards and regulations
- Understanding of CIBSE codes and guidelines
- Proven technical and commercial management experience
- Good all round knowledge of electrical systems including infrastructure, lighting systems, fire detection, SCADA etc
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and also be able to self-manage workload and deliverables
- Ability to develop good, positive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Strong report writing skills
- Good attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to manage and mentor other team members
- Strong use of Microsoft suite of software
- Ability to produce programmes in Microsoft Project
- Good knowledge of documentation management platforms (BIM360 etc)
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
RED believe that people are our greatest strength, bound by ours and Engie Impact’s vision to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the environment thrive. We are passionate about making our company and the world a better place; responsible in working with commitment and accountability; collaborative with our colleagues and clients, and agile enough to work in a dynamic, changing industry.
The wide-ranging expertise of our diverse team fuels the innovation that places us on the leading edge of the energy and consulting industry. As such, we nurture a company culture—through training, mentoring and professional development—that encourages all employees to thrive.
Employees will embody the values and culture of the company internally and externally to drive high performance in a rapidly evolving business and industry.
Engage with colleagues in a manner that connects employees with the company’s purpose, demonstrates alignment with company values, and imbeds company culture
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit UK nationals are we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com
Location: Bicester / London