Electrical Engineer Singapore
RED is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek a fully experienced electrical engineer to be based in our Singapore office. You will have the ability to run small sized projects and undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Further skills will include detailed data centre experience together with the coordination of engineering project services, with a proven track record in project management and delivery of high value technology sector projects. Experience working on a range of other building types would be an advantage.
You should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and have experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations.
In addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and be capable of incorporating those technologies into data centre sector. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working building services consultancy and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Singaporean or permanent resident, a Mandarin speaker would be desirable, a Professional/Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years industry experience.
- Responsible for the running of small projects. Researches, develops, designs and assumes responsibility for coordination and monitoring of engineering project services for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Preparation of specification modifications (word or excel)
- Ensure engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Responsible for validation of Intermediate & Graduate Engineer input into designs
- Licensed or degree qualified or equivalent experience and have sufficient experience with international Consulting Engineering.
- Working towards or have achieved MCIBSE/MIEE/Professional/Chartered Engineer or equivalent status
- Experience of specification design/drawing for at least one building type
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office apple excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS SC standards and international design codes and standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Managerial Skills
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a question?
Get in touch