Graduate Building Physics Engineer -
We are looking for a Graduate Building Physics Engineer to join our growing team with a start date in Autumn 2023. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, take a proactive approach to tasks and hold an mechanical or Building Services degree, or equivalent. Practical on the tools experience would also be an advantage. The role will be based from our Newcastle office.
- Undertake project work, including setting up of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) models and energy models based on design documentation and discussion with clients
- Understand and undertake energy calculations using appropriate methodology, including first principles
- Report writing and presentation preparation to present study methodology, details and modelling outcomes
- Undertake research as required to gather information and develop appropriate calculation methods
- Participate in knowledge collation and development of calculation methods, best practices
- Attend meetings and workshops with client, design team members and other design professionals
- Engineering or STEM related BSC/BEng (or equivalent) degree
- Working towards MCIBSE or equivalent
- Experience or knowledge of software packages associated with dynamics thermal simulation (IES, DesignBuilder, etc), daylight or Computational Fluid Dynamics (6SigmaDCX, Fluent, OpenFoam, etc) a plus
- Demonstrate an interest in working in building services fields
- Knowledge and interest in programming and/or web development
- Ability to use calculation and spreadsheet software
- Basic working knowledge of CAD and SketchUp
- Basic understanding of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
- Fluent English
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to deadlines
Specific Business Understanding
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to working with a rapidly expanding company on a varied selection of projects.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit those with the right to live and work in the UK, as we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants can apply by sending their CV & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENTS PLEASE.