Graduate R&D Engineer
London / Bicester
We are looking for a Graduate R&D Engineer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, take a proactive approach to tasks and hold an electrical or Building Services degree, or equivalent. Practical on the tools experience would also be an advantage. Based from our London/Bicester office, the role will involve supporting the project engineering team with some travel to various construction sites.
- Carries out independent reading and research in areas of new and emerging technologies (including renewables) in data centre engineering and where appropriate support implementing them into test designs.
- Undertakes design work, taking delegated responsibility for the preparation of aspects of new and innovative engineering designs for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, e.g. selection of cooling and power equipment, sizing of pipes and ducts for cooling systems, sizing of cables and busbar for power distribution, etc.
- Support the innovation of new designs that aim to make the operational & construction environmental Impact of data centres as positive as possible. Target – The Net Zero Impact Data Centre
- Liaises with various suppliers, contractors and other professionals re designs and co-ordination of installations
- Data manipulation of original drawings according to specification revisions
- Ensures document control requirements are fulfilled prior to issue by making sure drawings have correct titles etc and are in correct order.
- Preparation of presentations to share new engineering solutions with both clients and internal engineering teams.
- Advanced Graduate (1-2 years exp): Preparation of specification modifications (word or excel)
- MSc/MEng or PHD in appropriate engineering discipline
- Working towards MCIBSE/MIEE or equivalent
- Working towards Chartered Eng status
- Ability to research independently
- Ability to think innovatively
- An excellent understanding of mechanical/electrical engineering from first principles
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Presentation skills
- Technical report writing skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel, etc.
- Expert in use of Excel
- Ability to use IT based calculation and modelling software
- Basic working knowledge of CAD functionality
- Basic understanding of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Basic understanding of BS EN standards / UK Regulations / Codes / UTI / UKGBC
- Good understanding of the world climate emergency
Specific Business Understanding
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to working with a rapidly expanding company on a varied selection of projects.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit UK nationals as we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com
NO AGENTS PLEASE.
Location: London / Bicester