Group Business Controller London or Oxford
RED, a fast-growing group active in the Mechanical and Electrical engineering of data centre and complex buildings, is looking for a Group Business Controller to support the successful development of its worldwide activities, to be based in London or Oxford
With a strong appetite to learn and take up new challenges, we are looking for a proactive and high performing professional with a good sense of humour, interested in joining our dynamic, enthusiastic and multicultural team. By joining RED, you will also become an active member of Engie Impact, a business unit of the Engie Group active in supporting large organizations in accelerating their sustainability transformation.
- Leading and further developing the Business control function, heading up to 2 business analysts/ project controllers
- Overseeing the reporting of its performance to RED and Engie Impact management by
- Performing monthly and adhoc financial reviews of operations throughout RED’s legal entities, sectors, geographies and projects
- Contributing to the monthly closing and reporting process
- Preparing presentations summarizing results and key variances, while delivering key messages about the evolution of the business, proposing corrective actions to reach yearly objectives if/when necessary
- Coordinating the budgetary process, ensuring accurate projections of revenues, earnings and cash generation based on in depth analysis of historical performance, key market trends and competitive environment
- Acting as a business partner to the organization, actively seeking and identifying potential opportunities to enhance the effective deployment of RED’s operations
- Contributing to RED’s risk management process, ensuring proper internal control is in place
- Being the centre point of contact with regards to all accounting related issues, where and when necessary analysing impacts of and implementing of new accounting standards
- Helping RED efficiently structuring its UK and overseas activities from a financial point of view
- Contributing in innovating the financial function by formulating recommendations and ensuring automatized processes are rolled out throughout the RED organization
- Supporting the CFO in the M&A and post-acquisition integration activities
- Heads of Business Lines
- Legal counsel from ENGIE / Tractebel Business Units Internationally
- Client-facing team members including project managers, directors, administrators
- Legal team members
- Human Resources Business Partners
- Transversal Business Functions
- Peer group interaction with wider Engie/Tractebel counterparts
- Developing long-term business relationships with suppliers, clients and business professionals.
- Master’s degree in Finance or similar
Skills and Specific Knowledge
- 5-7 year’s professional experience in Finance and Controlling
- Experience in a complex and international environment
- Strong knowledge of accounting, consolidation, financial statements analysis and IFRS standards
- Well-versed in office tools (in particular Excel and Powerpoint) and have a strong affinity with IT systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Able to prioritise own workload
- Able to summarize complex information into meaningful key messages
- Able to work to tight deadlines in a challenging environment
- Knowledge of project accounting, tax and VAT
Specific Business Understanding
- Knowledge of IFRS Accounting
- Experience working within a consulting or construction environment
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will suit a UK national as we are unable to offer sponsorship.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: London or Oxford
Have a question?
Get in touch