Health, Safety & Security Manager -
London, Oxford or Newcastle
We are looking for a Health, Safety & Security (HSS) Manager to take responsibility for minimising or removing the risk of accidents, work-related illnesses, and injuries in the workplace. The role will require a holistic view of employee wellbeing to consider physical and psychological requirements within the workplace environment. Security is limited to people related responsibilities.
The main duties of the EMEA Health, Safety, and Security Manager include responsibilities for developing, evaluating, and implementing Health & Safety and Security programs and procedures to ensure ENGIE Impact’s compliance with all applicable legal requirements, , together with engagement of employees to maintain an expected standard of health and safety behaviour and compliance within day to day business practices.
This is a corporate role that is delivered in alignment with our new hybrid way of working, with the requirement to visit RED offices in the UK and regional Client sites on occasion only.
- Provide business support teams with health and safety information and guidance
- Responsible for minimising or removing the risk of accidents, work-related illnesses and injuries in the workplace.
- Support maintaining and update of ENGIE Group, GBU, Tractebel and internal H&S management system policies and processes and drive continuous improvement
- Promote employee understanding and compliance with the H&S management system policies and processes in accordance with varied roles and responsibilities
- Support implementation and monitoring of H&S KPI’s and metrics
- Management of H&S incidents and investigations
- Conduct office health and safety hazard identification and risk assessments
- Support staff with completion of risk assessments and method statements for site activities as and when required
- Review H&S legal and contractual compliance requirements of outsourced services to contractor and subconsultants
- Carry out H&S Induction for all new employees
- Deliver internal HSS related training
- Conduct H&S Committee Meetings and record actions and outcomes
- Present actions and outcomes of H&S Committee Meetings to local Management Teams and the Company Board
- Prepare informative health and safety and security reports
- Support external H&S audits and ISO 45001 certification renewals
- Oversee, develop, train, and manage travel security policy and guidance requirements including pre-travel advisories, use of the Travel Tracker, Assistance App (ISOS Platform) or similar
- Work with office managers responsible for facilities to ensure vendor safety and compliance with all applicable safety and security protocols
- At least 8 years’ experience in a similar role with a focus on HSS
- ISO standard knowledge and experience beneficial
- Stable career background
- You have proven experience of developing and supporting HSS processes
- Ideally to have experience of appropriate HSS procedures in an engineering consultancy environment in the construction sector and specifically relating to site visitors and professionals compared to contractors and site operatives.
- You can drive H&S improvements across the board
- You understand risk assessment and mitigation methods and ability to identify the most effective techniques and tools to use
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Experience of having worked for an international consultancy (desirable)
- Good knowledge & working application of key H&S issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to deadlines
- Presentation skills
- Fluent English speaker (essential) with other language skills (desirable)
- Chairing/facilitation of meeting skills
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com
Location: London, Oxford or Newcastle