ICT Design Engineer
To meet their continued expansion in the design of critical facilities such as data centres, RED ICT has a requirement for an ICT Infrastructure Design Engineer.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a combination of ICT and telecommunication infrastructure design and technical design coordination experience. Preferably this experience will have been gained in a consulting engineering practice, ICT service organisation, ICT installation contractor or related construction industry organisation. The role involves development of customer requirements and interpretation in the production of written technical specification documents, 2D drawing mark-up and 3D design drawing production coordination.
As a key member of the existing ICT design team, the successful candidate will work closely with all project design engineering disciplines and relevant project stakeholders in respect of design coordination.
Reporting to the UK design production team lead, the RED ICT role will be based in Dublin.
RED ICT are also seeking the same position in their Singapore office.
- Responsible for the production of ICT infrastructure design packages, such as, written report documents, drawings, schematics, schedules, technical specifications, procurement packs.
- Meet the necessary standards of quality/technical excellence and delivery time commitments consistent with the demands of each project
- Development of 2D CAD design drawings and 3D Revit models working in close collaboration with Revit BIM team colleagues. An emphasis upon design coordination and clash detection with MEP services is particularly important.
- Representing RED ICT at technical and design team meetings, meetings with customers, professional design teams and contractor teams
- Ensure that specifications, drawings and calculations meet the project design brief, industry, legal and quality standards
- Adopt a holistic view in the selection and application of ICT infrastructure design concepts and solutions
- Coordination of ICT design with related engineering disciplines, e.g. electrical and mechanical
- Work towards a timely successful team output and production
- Participation in meetings with the client and relevant project stakeholders
- Develop a clear understanding of client requirements from both a technical and operational standpoint
- Undertake peer and QA review of drawings (typically cabling systems, containment, cabinet elevation, comms room layout, active network diagrams)
- Engineering degree in appropriate ICT infrastructure design engineering discipline with at least a minimum 2 years’ appropriate experience
- A-Level secondary education, HNC/HND or CNIDP plus at minimum 4 years appropriate experience.
- Appropriate experience includes:
- Data cabling manufacture/contracting
- IT /IP network systems integration
- Network technology vendor/manufacturer
- IT/Multi-disciplinary consulting firm
- Construction project management
- Previous project experience in ICT infrastructure for data centre construction; commercial building construction ICT infrastructure
- Technical qualifications and design experience in the following technologies
- Structured Cabling Systems
- Fibre Optic Networks
- Data Cabling containment systems
- LAN Ethernet Switching
- Wi-Fi Network Communications
- Telecommunication Network Infrastructure and Services
- Industry qualifications such as Cisco CCNA, CNet training, Bicsi
- Appreciation of the ICT implications related to MEP building services, network security engineering and power supply and cooling systems
- Ability to use to a high competency level, AutoCAD and Bluebeam (production of overlay drawings, schematics and markups)
- Working knowledge of Revit is desirable but not essential
- Navigation and interpretation of Navisworks models desirable, but not essential
- Familiarity with BIM levels and processes
- Understanding of design and construction stages from conception to practical completion and LoD required
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications Word, Excel, Visio etc. Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of building design standards/regulations/codes and relevant IT systems certification standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload, work to deadlines
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Technical ownership of work packages, ability to problem solve
- Good communication, presentation and engagement skills
- Sound commercial awareness
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer