ICT Infrastructure Design Engineer -
To meet their continued expansion in the design of critical facilities such as data centres, RED ICT has a requirement for a site/office based ICT Infrastructure Design Engineer.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a combination of ICT and telecommunication infrastructure design coordination and technical project management experience in critical facilities built environment such as data centres, airport communication, rail signalling.
The necessary ICT / telecommunications may have been gained in these examples; international consulting engineering practice, an ICT systems or services contractor or manufacturer (for example fibre optic data cabling), systems integration business, related building services engineering industry.
As a key member of the existing ICT design team, the successful candidate will work closely with the RED Engineering design team members and other relevant project stakeholders; other design disciplines (Electrical/Mechanical/Civil/Structural), general and specialist contractors, cost consultants and project managers.
As a role this will be based in our Dubai office, with an emphasis on the Construction Support on a number of ongoing and future projects. Our immediate requirement is for site based support, but the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on our international Hyperscale Data Centre design projects. Going forward we envisage the role to 50/50 split between site based and office based.
The role typically involves acting as ‘Employers Engineer’ with responsibility for the coordination of ICT infrastructure design interpretation for new construction projects. It involves helping the adoption of specification documents and design drawings to ensure contractor compliance.
- Appreciation of the ICT implications related to MEP building services, network security engineering and power supply and cooling systems
- Industry qualifications such as Cisco CCNA, CNet training, Bicsi
- Ability to use to a high competency level, AutoCAD and Bluebeam (production of overlay drawings, schematics and markups)
- Working knowledge of Revit is desirable but not essential
- Navigation and interpretation of Navisworks models desirable, but not essential
- Familiarity with BIM levels and processes
- Understanding of design and construction stages from conception to practical completion and LoD required
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications Word, Excel, Visio etc. Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of building design standards/regulations/codes and relevant IT systems certification standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload, work to deadlines
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Technical ownership of work packages, ability to problem solve
- Good communication, presentation and engagement skills
- Sound commercial awareness
- Engineering degree in appropriate ICT infrastructure design engineering discipline with at least a minimum 2 years’ appropriate experience
- A-Level secondary education, HNC/HND or CNIDP plus at minimum 4 years appropriate experience.
Appropriate experience includes:
o Data cabling manufacture/contracting
o IT /IP network systems integration
o Network technology vendor/manufacturer
o IT/Multi-disciplinary consulting firm
o Construction project management
- Previous project experience in ICT infrastructure for data centre construction; commercial building construction ICT infrastructure
- Technical qualifications and design experience in the following technologies:
o Structured Cabling Systems
o Fibre Optic Networks
o Data Cabling containment systems
o LAN Ethernet Switching
o Wi-Fi Network Communications
o Telecommunication Network Infrastructure and Services
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org