Intermediate Public Health Engineer -
RED is a multi-award-winning Design Consultancy whose ambition is to be a key contributor towards the zero-carbon transition as part of an enterprise-wide transformation within ENGIE Impact. ENGIE Impact was created to accelerate the sustainability transformation for corporations, cities and governments. ENGIE Impact helps organizations embed sustainability into their operational strategies, allowing them to bridge the gap between sustainability commitments and realized results that capture economic value and make organizations more competitive over the long-term.
We are looking for an Intermediate Public Health Engineer to be based in our London office. You will have a minimum of 5 years’ industry experience with the ability to provide accurate public health system designs across a range of business sectors and conduct risk analysis on same.
- To provide accurate public health system designs across a range of business sectors and conduct risk analysis on same. To efficiently and effectively interface with clients, and suppliers
- With support, consider and conduct design risk analysis
- Designing public health systems for:
- Above and below ground drainage, sanitation and rainwater systems
- Including Sustainable drainage (SUDS)
- Effluent treatment principles
- Domestic and non-domestic water services water systems including renewable energy systems
- Fire engineering including wet and dry risers, sprinkler systems, fire hydrants and suppression systems
- Pollution control rainwater harvesting and attenuation systems
- Prepare, and develop calculations, analysis, schematics, drawings, diagrams, specifications and other documents relating to the design.
- Develops and specifies applications of public health services and systems across a range of business sectors
- Specifies activities to ensure that public health systems and design conform to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Day to day decision making on project progress relating to public health services, direct liaison with colleagues and clients regarding same
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional and contractor teams
- Ensures engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Assists in the coordination of public health services
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of public health concepts and solutions
- MSc/BEng Qualified or have sufficient equivalent experience in the field of Public Health design
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Public Health design for Building Services MEP projects - water services, gas, above ground drainage and sanitation systems, rainwater disposal system design and analysis etc.
- Experience of solar hot water systems, rainwater/grey water recycling desirable
- Previous experience working for consulting organisation within the UK or overseas, on design projects
- Good knowledge of current standards and design codes essential
- Working knowledge of core technical guidance published by CIBSE, British Standards, ISO, BSRIA and CIPHE
- Well-developed professional knowledge and first-hand design experience of all aspects of Public Health systems across a range of business sectors including:
- Essential – residential, hotels and offices
- Desirable – data centres and retail
- Competence in fire protection design and experience with British standard and NFPA codes is desirable
- Good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- The ability to edit drawings using REVIT is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident to work as PH engineer under supervision of discipline lead
- Good time management skills, demonstrating the capability to proactively implement plans, follow through with sustained execution, and to meet project milestones
- Highly motivated with the drive to take on new challenges
- Consistent delivery of excellent PH engineering
- Possess a good understanding of legionella and water quality principles and their application in design and maintenance
- Experience of interfacing and working with clients, contractors and suppliers through the normal project cycle to develop system design.
Specific Business Understanding
- Good understanding of British and European Standards/UK Regulations/Codes
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
RED believe that people are our greatest strength, bound by ours and Engie Impact’s vision to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the environment thrive. We are passionate about making our company and the world a better place; responsible in working with commitment and accountability; collaborative with our colleagues and clients, and agile enough to work in a dynamic, changing industry.
The wide-ranging expertise of our diverse team fuels the innovation that places us on the leading edge of the energy and consulting industry. As such, we nurture a company culture—through training, mentoring and professional development—that encourages all employees to thrive.
Employees will embody the values and culture of the company internally and externally to drive high performance in a rapidly evolving business and industry.
Engage with colleagues in a manner that connects employees with the company’s purpose, demonstrates alignment with company values, and imbeds company culture
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
RED operates an agile and professional office working environment, based around collaboration and openness.
Excellent welfare facilities and a friendly – award winning - inclusive workforce
The role will ideally suit UK nationals are we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com