RED is a multi-award-winning Design Consultancy whose ambition is to be a key contributor towards the zero-carbon transition as part of an enterprise-wide transformation within ENGIE Impact. ENGIE Impact was created to accelerate the sustainability transformation for corporations, cities and governments. ENGIE Impact helps organizations embed sustainability into their operational strategies, allowing them to bridge the gap between sustainability commitments and realized results that capture economic value and make organizations more competitive over the long term.
This role is ideal for a detail-oriented technical expert with skills in networking.
As a member of the IT Infrastructure staff you will be looked to for help developing the skills and competencies of junior level staff.
This role will further encompass:
- Assist with design of operational standards for firewall configurations, network change requests, documentation, and performance troubleshooting procedures in a global environment.
- Maintain a secure and auditable firewall configuration.
- Provide technical leadership for troubleshooting network performance issues.
- Design, implement, and maintain a proactive network monitoring strategy.
- Work closely with Infrastructure and Information Security teams on the network design improvements, development, and operation of secure services.
- Provide trusted advice to management on network security architecture and operational improvements.
- Evaluate emerging network and firewall management tools and other related products.
- Be self-motivated and flexible, ability to prioritize and multi-task on multiple highly visible and complex projects.
- Work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Maintain expert knowledge and experience with network security standards.
- Able to work within a defined change management process and willingness to participate in periodic after-hours scheduled maintenance.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide after-hours support for network issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field of study with a network engineering focus.
- 5-10 years of IT operational support experience, preferably in a global infrastructure
- 3-5 years of experience as a network engineering or network security professional with a focus on network architecture, implementation, and support.
- Experience supporting multiple global data centers.
- Experience with host and network-based security across multiple architectures and platforms
- Knowledge of security industry standards such as ISO and NIST a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with cloud computing concepts and application security architecture
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills with an ability to represent complex data in executive level graphical reporting dashboards.
- Extensive expertise with general firewall configuration and support, including IPsec VPN configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls, Cisco switches and Meraki Wireless Access Points strongly preferred.
- Experience with VeloCloud SD-WAN desired
- Significant experience with load balancing appliances and software, such as Citrix NetScaler and/or Zscaler preferred.
- Strong experience in network traffic monitoring, analysis, packet capture, and troubleshooting.
- Prior experience installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, BGP, 802.1x)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Able to convey it matters at an understandable level
RED believe that people are our greatest strength, bound by ours and Engie Impact’s vision to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the environment thrive. We are passionate about making our company and the world a better place; responsible in working with commitment and accountability; collaborative with our colleagues and clients, and agile enough to work in a dynamic, changing industry.
The wide-ranging expertise of our diverse team fuels the innovation that places us on the leading edge of the energy and consulting industry. As such, we nurture a company culture—through training, mentoring and professional development—that encourages all employees to thrive.
Employees will embody the values and culture of the company internally and externally to drive high performance in a rapidly evolving business and industry.
Engage with colleagues in a manner that connects employees with the company’s purpose, demonstrates alignment with company values, and imbeds company culture
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit UK nationals as we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time or at any future point.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org