London / Bicester
RED is an award-winning building services design consultancy. We are looking for an experienced PA to join our friendly, fast paced and creative working environment.
With a minimum of 5 years' experience in providing support at director level, the ideal candidate will possess excellent organisational, office, diary and time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have advanced Microsoft Office skills, have experience in preparing lengthy presentations and client proposals, a good understanding of CRM/project management systems together with the ability to manage and track complex contractual documents.
The role is based on our Guildford office with the occasional requirement to travel into Central London.
- To provide PA support to the Head of Engineering in conjunction with assisting in the smooth running of projects
- Compilation and formatting of specifications, reports, presentations, general correspondence, document printing and binding, etc.
- Arranging domestic and international travel arrangements, preparation of itineraries and insurance documentation
- Diary management
- Assisting with Expenses, timesheets, and work schedules
- Administration of holiday entitlement for Central Engineering team
- Supporting conference and client event management activities
- Preparation of Board and Management Reports and ensuring the Head of Engineering is well-prepared for meetings and have necessary documentation and briefing papers
- Liaising with clients and external parties including arranging meetings, welcoming, and looking after visitors
- Management of Head of Central Engineering inbox
- Proactively managing Head of Central Engineering action tracker and associated follow up as required
- Flexibility to assist Head of Engineering and his team in meeting business/project deadlines
- Support Ethics and Risk compliance processes and preparation of necessary paperwork
- Support project QA compliance and document filing
- Management of technical review tracker: liaising with technical excellence leads in scheduling, tracking and follow up actions of all project technical reviews; ensuring the technical review tracker is up to date and correct process is being followed
- Assisting to review and monitor use of Project Management workbooks across the project sectors
- Company Specifications: proactive approach to assist with updating company specifications on an annual basis; liaising with technical excellence leads globally to ensure updates are completed in a timely manner; checking all standards are current and up to date in each document, liaising with the engineering forum to request and track updates; manage and control front-end and back-end area of SharePoint and publishing of specifications
- Management of the Subject Matter Expert (SME) programme: keep SME register up to date; proactive approach to attracting more SME’s to the programme via the engineering forums and communicating with sector leads; ensuring the SME’s are being proactive in their area of expertise i.e. chasing for technical memos, ensuring their area on SharePoint is up to date and maintained
- Engineering & Design SharePoint: general upkeep, monitoring and maintenance of this area; ensure files are given consistent filenames; ensuring no duplicate files; ensuring a logical file structure is maintained; be a ‘Champion’ of knowledge share across the engineering forums
- Global Engineering Forum & Distribution Lists: maintaining the global engineering email distribution lists; maintaining the global engineering forum on Teams
- Central Engineering Strategy: working with the Head of Engineering and CTO to keep a live tracker of strategic actions and monitor/follow up accordingly; regular review of Central Engineering company objectives (AMps) and assist with achieving these objectives; assist with preparation of quarterly board reports and strategy documentation/presentations; liaising with Leadership ‘Champions’ – setting up meetings, taking actions and follow up; assist Head of Engineering with Engineering Ways of Working process and associated documentation
- General ad hoc admin support for Central Engineering subgroups i.e. BIM, Digital Engineering, Building Physics
- Central Engineering Handbooks, Presentations & Guides: preparation of new handbooks/guides as required; upkeep of existing handbooks and guides with new updates; preparing slides for training, project clinics etc
- New Starter Central Engineering Inductions and Training: assist with scheduling and preparing for new starter Central Engineering inductions; ensuring guides and handbooks are up to date; assist with scheduling and preparation for quarterly training programme for new starters around data centre design and RED’s approach
- Project Lessons Learned: work with PMs to ensure the lessons learned section of the PM Workbooks are completed upon project close out; collate lessons learned into central tracker and work with Central Engineering team to ensure these are communicated across the business and documented
- Assisting with scheduling internal CPD seminars related to Central Engineering topics
- Conducting research into specific matters as required and reporting findings
- Minimum 5 years’ previous Board Director Level P.A. experience
- Business Management degree desirable
- Previous experience working within an international organisation essential, desirably within a consultancy environment
- Previous experience in supporting the compilation of complex bid and pre-qualification tenders
- Previous experience in using online project/practice management systems (desirable)
- Proven experience of fostering a good office environment while closely working with counterparts in other office locations
- Trustworthy, with a mature approach to tasks and the ability to maintain confidential information
- Possess exemplary time management, multi-tasking, detail-oriented and organisational skills while able to work independently
- Proficient in the management and organisation of busy and complex diary and travel arrangements
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Accuracy/excellent attention to detail
- Hours flexibility (able to carry out overtime at short notice)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Proven experience of operating in a structured and process orientated environment
- Ability to delegate and manage junior staff members
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- A European language capability (desirable)
- Understanding of engineering terms (desirable)
- Understanding and previous experience of ISO9001 and ISO14001 Quality Assurance Processes (desirable)
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
Culture & Values
- As a PA with a company-wide profile, your role will embody the values and culture of the company internally and externally to drive efficiency, performance and team working in a rapidly evolving consultancy.
- Lead team and junior employees and colleagues in a manner that connects employees with the company’s purpose, demonstrates alignment with company values, and imbeds company culture.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
- Champion the leadership behaviours needed to build a high-performance team with a diverse, engaged employee demographic adaptable to change.
- RED operates an agile and professional office working environment, based around collaboration and openness.
- Excellent welfare facilities and a friendly – award winning - inclusive workforce.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit UK nationals and we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com
NO AGENTS PLEASE.
Location: London / Bicester