Principal Commissioning Manager
RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek a fully experienced Principal Commissioning Manager to be based in our London or Bicester office with the ability to inspire others. You will have the ability to provide and maintain high quality client facing relationships and internal management, team leadership and project delivery whilst acting with integrity and high professional standards.
- Lead a team of commissioning managers across a wide range of projects in the commercial, residential, pharmaceutical and technology sector
- Review project documentation for technical content, compliance and contract compliance
- Review commissioning plans
- Support in the production of a commissioning programme
- Management of commissioning programme
- Produce and manage testing and commissioning progress reporting schedule
- Manage a schedule of commissioning RAMS (Risk Assessments/Method Statements) and/or test scripts
- Review, comment and approve sub-contractors commissioning RAMS and/or test scripts
- Manage the Contractors in the preparation of the L1, L2 and L3 commissioning documents
- Support the technical delivery team in the production of level 4 and 5 test scripts
- Support in the setting up of BIM360 for managing the commissioning process
- Carry out installation and pre-commissioning inspections and checks
- Manage, coordinate and witness all testing and commissioning activities including functional and integrated testing
- Identify, document and manage testing and commissioning issues arising and close out accordingly
- Follow up, and manage through commissioning issues arising and get them closed out to agreed deadlines
- Manage with the Trade Contractors all issues raised and noted on the Clients IRL (commissioning Issues Resolution Log) Note - All issues raised by the client team are on the IRL and must be closed out to achieve FR (facility ready)
- Attend and manage client training as required
- Produce weekly and monthly progress reports
- Chair and/or attend project commissioning meetings and workshops. Produce and issue minutes as required
- Full project stakeholder management and liaison including contractors, specialists, other consultants, O&M provider and the client
- Interface and coordinate with any third parties including statutory authorities, utility providers, FM and building management teams
- Ensuring all relevant parties are on site for each commissioning activity
- Ensuring all requisite test equipment is provided for each test.
- Managing labour on site during testing and commissioning activities
- Collating all test documentation for inclusion within the record documentation
- Work closely with all commissioning resources from the vendors and trade contractors to fully test and commission all systems and interfaces in readiness for L4 and 5 testing
- Provide assistance to, and interface with the Technical Author in respect of the O&M Manuals - commissioning testing
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the RED Project Delivery Process
- Liaise with the technical delivery team as required
- Degree qualified or HNC/HND + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Hold membership to the IET/MCIBSE/IMechE
- Fully conversant with ASHRAE testing levels 1-5
- Understanding of BSRIA and CIBSE commissioning guidelines and codes
- Understanding of relevant British and European standards
- Technical and commercial management experience
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and also be able to self-manage workload and deliverables
- Ability to develop good, positive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Strong report writing skills
- Good attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to manage and mentor other team members
- Strong use of Microsoft suite of software
- Ability to produce programmes in Microsoft Project
- Good knowledge of documentation management platforms (BIM360 etc)
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: London/ Oxford