Principal Electrical Engineer - DC/Mission Critical
RED is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We are seeking a fully experienced Principal Electrical Engineer to be based in our Bicester office with the ability to inspire others. You will have a minimum of seven years’ industry experience with the ability to run medium sized projects and undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Experience will include the coordination of engineering project services, with a proven track record in project management. Experience in the delivery of European data centre and mission critical projects, along with other sector experience including healthcare labs and clean rooms would be desirable.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships of our sector portfolio.
You will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and are capable of incorporating those technologies into the data centre sector. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in either consultancy or mission critical systems and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent and hold membership of relevant institutions.
- Responsible for running of medium size projects
- Undertakes a client facing role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services
- Designs and specifies Electrical building systems, equipment, facilities, components and products
- Develops Electrical engineering concepts and solutions
- Reports and reviews on Electrical engineering options and makes final proposal
- Attend project design team meetings (perhaps overseas visits required) and co-ordinate with Architects, project managers,
- Structural Engineers etc
- Obtain from client and provide a clear and accurate brief to design office engineering team
- Visit design office with design briefing and partake in conference calls with design office engineers to discuss/review project
- Technical requirements and deliverables
- Develop brief and disseminate to Engineering/CAD resource for each phase of project
- Provide expert technical advice and problem resolution to the design office
- Visit design office with briefing and mobilise the team
- Review deliverables from design office in accordance with briefing requirements sent to them
- Provide technical audit of deliverables from design office
- Present design proposals/solutions to client and design team
- Prepare specifications and co-ordinate with all other documentation
- Sign-off engineering documents/schedules/drawings/calculations received from design office
- Use computer assisted project software for both project related calculations and pro
- Ensure document control methods are being adhered to and quality control standards are being achieved
- Contribute to development of quality and technical standards within the office
- Responsible for assigned Engineers
- Work independently within Red QA Systems
- Design reviews
- People management skills
- Clear (written as well as oral) Communication skills
- Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer