Principal Electrical Engineer
Singapore / Malaysia / Indonesia
RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek an experienced Principal Engineer to be based in our Singapore / Malaysia / Indonesia office to inspire others. You will have the ability to run large sized projects, undertake a client facing role in the development, design, and co-ordination of engineering projects You will have experience in the delivery of data centres along with other sector experience including commercial, hotel, retail, and hotel design desirable.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships of our sector portfolio.
You will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and capable of incorporating those technologies into the hotel and leisure sector. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in building service consultancy and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
- Responsible for the running of large projects. Undertakes a client facing role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc. (Several building types)
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys, tests, carries out dilapidation reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Ensures engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
Specific Skills & Knowledge
You will need to possess the following professional and technical expertise:
- BSc/BEng or degree in appropriate engineering discipline or have sufficient equivalent experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE or HNC/HND plus appropriate experience or equivalent
- Working towards Chartered Eng status
- Significant experience of specification design for several building types
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS standards/ International Regulations/Codes
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Managerial skills
- Presentation skills
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
- Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Singapore / Malaysia / Indonesia