Principal Mechanical Engineer
RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
Through our market leading technical expertise, we enable the world’s digital infrastructure and develop the built environment whilst also helping clients realise ambitious plans for zero carbon-built environments. We cover the entire life cycle of any building project, with our broad capability offering saving our clients time, money, and effort. Our approach is centred around listening to our clients and interacting energetically with our fellow project stakeholders. We add value with our people, client service ethos, global delivery strategy, technical ability, and attitude.
We are seeking a fully experienced Principal Mechanical Engineer to be based in our London office with the ability to inspire others. You will have a minimum of seven years’ industry experience with the ability to run medium to large sized projects and undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
- Responsible for the running of large projects. Undertakes a client facing role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for Mechanical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc. (Several building types)
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys, tests, carries out dilapidation reports on existing mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Ensures engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
You will need to possess the following professional and technical expertise:
- BSc/BEng or degree in appropriate engineering discipline or have sufficient equivalent experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE or HNC/HND plus appropriate experience or equivalent
- Working towards Chartered Eng status
- Significant experience of specification design for several building types
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS standards/ UK Regulations/Codes
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Managerial skills
- Presentation skills
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the RED Project Delivery Process from a Project Management, Financial Management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit UK nationals are we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.