Principal Mechanical Engineer -
RED is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek a fully experienced Principal Mechanical Engineer to be based in our Newcastle office with the ability to inspire others. You will have the ability to run medium sized projects, undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Skills should include experience on data centre and mission critical projects. Other sector experience including commercial, hotel, retail and hotel design desirable. Experience will also include the coordination of engineering project services, with a proven track record in project management.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships of our sector portfolio.
You will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and capable of incorporating those technologies into the hotel and leisure sector. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in building service consultancy and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 7 years industry experience.
- Responsible for the running of large projects. Undertakes a client facing role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc. (Several building types)
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys, tests, carries out dilapidation reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Ensures engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the RED Project Delivery Process from a Project Management, Financial Management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective.
Specific Skills & Knowledge
- BEng, MSc, and have sufficient experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE or HNC/HND + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Working towards Chartered Eng status
- Competent in specification design/drawing for several building types
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Managerial Skills
Specific Business Understanding
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
Culture & Values
RED believe that people are our greatest strength, bound by ours and Engie Impact’s vision to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the environment thrive. We are passionate about making our company and the world a better place; responsible in working with commitment and accountability; collaborative with our colleagues and clients, and agile enough to work in a dynamic, changing industry.
The wide-ranging expertise of our diverse team fuels the innovation that places us on the leading edge of the energy and consulting industry. As such, we nurture a company culture—through training, mentoring and professional development—that encourages all employees to thrive.
Employees will embody the values and culture of the company internally and externally to drive high performance in a rapidly evolving business and industry.
Engage with colleagues in a manner that connects employees with the company’s purpose, demonstrates alignment with company values, and embeds company culture.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit UK nationals are we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com
NO AGENTS PLEASE.