Public Health Engineer -
RED is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We seek a Public Health Engineer to be based in our London office. You will have a minimum of 5 years’ industry experience with the ability to provide accurate public health system designs across a range of business sectors and conduct risk analysis on same.
- To provide accurate public health system designs across a range of business sectors and conduct risk analysis on same. To efficiently and effectively interface with clients, and suppliers
- With support, consider and conduct design risk analysis
- Designing public health systems for:
- Above and below ground drainage, sanitation and rainwater systems
- Including Sustainable drainage (SUDS)
- Effluent treatment principles
- Domestic and non-domestic water services water systems including renewable energy systems
- Fire engineering including wet and dry risers, sprinkler systems, fire hydrants and suppression systems
- Pollution control rainwater harvesting and attenuation systems
- Prepare, and develop calculations, analysis, schematics, drawings, diagrams, specifications and other documents relating to the design.
- Develops and specifies applications of public health services and systems across a range of business sectors
- Specifies activities to ensure that public health systems and design conform to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Day to day decision making on project progress relating to public health services, direct liaison with colleagues and clients regarding same
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional and contractor teams
- Ensures engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Assists in the coordination of public health services
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of public health concepts and solutions
- MSc/BEng Qualified or have sufficient equivalent experience in the field of Public Health design
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Public Health design for Building Services MEP projects - water services, gas, above ground drainage and sanitation systems, rainwater disposal system design and analysis etc.
- Experience of solar hot water systems, rainwater/grey water recycling desirable
- Previous experience working for consulting organisation within the UK or overseas, on design projects
- Good knowledge of current standards and design codes essential
- Working knowledge of core technical guidance published by CIBSE, British Standards, ISO, BSRIA and CIPHE
- Well-developed professional knowledge and first-hand design experience of all aspects of Public Health systems across a range of business sectors including:
- Essential – residential, hotels and offices
- Desirable – data centres and retail
- Competence in fire protection design and experience with British standard and NFPA codes is desirable
- Good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- The ability to edit drawings using REVIT is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident to work as PH engineer under supervision of discipline lead
- Good time management skills, demonstrating the capability to proactively implement plans, follow through with sustained execution, and to meet project milestones
- Highly motivated with the drive to take on new challenges
- Consistent delivery of excellent PH engineering
- Possess a good understanding of legionella and water quality principles and their application in design and maintenance
- Experience of interfacing and working with clients, contractors and suppliers through the normal project cycle to develop system design.
Specific Business Understanding
- Good understanding of British and European Standards/UK Regulations/Codes
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
RED operates an agile and professional office working environment, based around collaboration and openness.
Excellent welfare facilities and a friendly – award winning - inclusive workforce
The role will ideally suit UK nationals are we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org