Quality Health & Safety Assistant Manager
RED is a multi-award-winning Design Consultancy whose ambition is to be a key contributor towards the zero-carbon transition as part of an enterprise-wide transformation within ENGIE Impact. ENGIE Impact was created to accelerate the sustainability transformation for corporations, cities and governments. ENGIE Impact helps organizations embed sustainability into their operational strategies, allowing them to bridge the gap between sustainability commitments and realized results that capture economic value and make organizations more competitive over the long term
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality, Health & Safety Assistant Manager, ideally from a building services consultancy background, looking to join an exciting and expanding company now delivering multidisciplinary commissions for global clients.
Reporting to the QHS Manager, the QHS Assistant Manager is required to provide assistance, direction, and development of all facets in the management of the health and safety and quality controls within a fast-growing company.
The successful candidate would be expected to assist the QHS Manager in continuing a process of development within the business service department and the further development of internal management system and have delegated ownership of particular QHS process and reporting.
- Provide support to the QHS Manager, Management, and staff on quality, health, and safety matters
- Deputise for QHS Manager when necessary including taking delegated ownership
- Review and update existing the quality and health and safety internal management system policies and processes and drive continuous improvement
- Drive employee adoption and compliance to the quality and health and safety internal management system policies and processes
- Support uptake and compliance to project delivery QA policies and procedures, including technical rigour, designing, and implementing end-to-end approach
- Conduct health and safety hazard identification and risk assessments
- Schedule internal audits and administer audit finding record keeping and trend analysis
- Carry out project audits as required to create a reasonable surety that internal processes are understood and being followed
- Address quality related queries and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Prepare and update quality and H&S records and coordinate input with colleagues
- Provide aesthetic and informative Quality and health and safety reports
- Support external audits and certification renewals
- Schedule and attend Health and Safety Meetings
- Review subconsultants approach to QA and H&S to ensure service delivery compliance
- Provide marketing and bidding teams with accurate quality, health, and safety information
- You have proven experience of developing and supporting quality and H&S processes
- Ideally to have working knowledge and experience of the UK Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and their applicability to design consultants in the built environment.
- Ideally to have experience of appropriate H&S procedures in an engineering consultancy environment in the construction sector and specifically relating to site visitors and professionals compared to contractors and site operatives.
- You have experience with the facilitation of requirement gathering, defining acceptance criteria, and coaching others on QA principles
- You can drive quality and H&S improvements across the board, in the rigour of technical documentation, consistency in approach and against policy
- You understand audit techniques and ability to identify the most effective techniques and tools to use
- Have robust knowledge and understanding of the ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Experience of having worked for an international consultancy (desirable)
- Sound knowledge & working application of key QA issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS office applications word, excel etc
- Good understanding of British Standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to deadlines
- Presentation skills
- Fluent English speaker (essential) with other language skills (desirable)
- Chairing/facilitation of meeting skills
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role with a focus on QMS and H&S
- ISO standard knowledge and experience
- Project management administration
- Proven history of Quality and H&S management delivery
- Stable career background
SPECIFIC BUSINESS UNDERSTANDING
- Background in consulting or construction preferred
- Good understanding of QA within an international business / consultancy
CULTURE AND VALUES
RED believe that people are our greatest strength, bound by ours and Engie Impact’s vision to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the environment thrive. We are passionate about making our company and the world a better place; responsible in working with commitment and accountability; collaborative with our colleagues and clients, and agile enough to work in a dynamic, changing industry.
Employees will embody the values and culture of the company internally and externally to drive high performance in a rapidly evolving business and industry.
Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the ethics charter and ethics in practice guidelines
Engage with colleagues in a manner that connects employees with the company’s purpose, demonstrates alignment with company values, and imbeds company culture.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
RED operates an agile and professional office working environment, based around collaboration and openness.
Excellent welfare facilities and a friendly, inclusive workforce.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
We are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com