Resident Engineer -
Sweden / Denmark
RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek fully experienced Resident Engineer [Electrical or Mechanical] to be based Client - Side in Sweden/Denmark, with the ability to inspire others. You will have the ability to provide and maintain high quality client facing relationships and internal management, team leadership and project delivery whilst acting with integrity and high professional standards.
- Facilitating quality inspections, witness testing, liaising between the RED team, the client and contractor, management of key milestone dates and sectional handovers, compilation of weekly reports, regular updates to the project QA/QC/Commissioning Management Portal, and assisting with the review of O&M manuals and record drawings.
- Familiarisation with the contract, contract drawings, specifications, etc.
Day to day utilisation of the project electronic document management system, in conjunction and liaising with the front office engineering team, including:
- Technical submittals
- Request for Information
- AE clarifications and instructions
- QA/QC Reports and schedules of defects
- Logging and recording health and safety incidents
- Method Statements/risk assessments (maintaining risk register)
Maintain a site diary and record:
- All significant daily activities and progress.
- Summary of critical telephone conversations/messages.
- Documents received or issued.
- Problems, comments or special situations and their resolution.
- Critical events and work observations.
- Critical instructions given or received.
- Requests for decisions or actions to be taken
- Discuss the need for special inspections or tests arising during the construction of the Works
- Advise on issues relating to health and safety to the Principal/Main Contractor and Project Manager/Contract Administrator in relation to the services and general observations on a day to day basis
- Attend and contribute to Project, Contractor and/or Sub-Contractor site meetings. Prepare meeting notes, (where applicable), for circulation to agreed parties.
- Set up and maintain agreed procedures, (including a schedule of RFIs and their status), for receipt and response to Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors design/co-ordination queries/requests for information. Respond to design/co-ordination queries/requests for information in conjunction with the design team. Be a participant on the BIW system as required.
- Provide support where requested to the various authorities concerned to assist final Building Regulations Approval.
- Where agreed with the client, attend the witnessing of factory testing of equipment, (where applicable – and in conjunction with office-based staff), where this is seen as a pre-requisite to commissioning.
- In conjunction with the design team examine the detailed proposals of Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors for carrying out commissioning procedures and performance testing including proposed documentation to be used.
- Monitor pre-commissioning checks undertaken by the Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors.
- Monitor and report against the agreed pre-commissioning, commissioning and testing programme. Identify and report any problems, delays or shortcomings of the agreed procedures and in conjunction with the design team advise corrective actions.
- Witness any testing or commissioning undertaken by the Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors and keep a record of dates and results. Review register of calibration of test and commissioning equipment used.
- Subsequent to final setting to work and regulation of the buildings, plant and equipment of the Works by Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors, examine the results of pre-commissioning, commissioning and the documentary records thereof. Examine the commissioning status report prepared by the Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors for the final setting to work and regulation of the Works and report on these.
- Review IST procedures and method statements proposed by contractor, understate pre-IST tasks and check, participate in IST meetings and workshops.
- Participate in the IST as required.
- Monitor and comment on record documentation ensuring that all documentation is updated by the Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors as the Works progress and is provided in accordance with the contract requirements for practical completion. Be a participant on the BIW system as required.
- Receive and comment on copies of the final record drawings, operating instructions and maintenance manuals prepared by Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors if so required under their contracts for construction. Ensure that record documentation prepared by the Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors is provided in accordance with the contract requirements for practical completion. Liaise with the CDM Co-ordinator as necessary. Be a participant on the BIW system as required.
- Monitor and check the issue of spares and tools to the Client as required by the Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors.
- Monitor that the training of the Client's staff in the maintenance and general usage of systems is given, and that the Contractor prepares records that the training has been carried out to the Client's satisfaction.
- In conjunction with the Contract Administrator, and design team, maintain an agreed procedure to record and monitor defects including their clearance.
- Inspect the Works on completion and, in conjunction with the Client, office-based staff and the design team and any other site staff, record any defects.
- Liaise with Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors to review that all defects are cleared before completion, as appropriate.
- HND or degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Working towards or have achieved MCIBSE/MIEE or equivalent
- Working towards Chartered Eng status
- Sound knowledge of key health and safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS office/Apple excel etc.
- Ability to use it based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of German/DIN/EN standards
- Understanding / Experience of German contracts (HOAI / VOB)
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Managerial skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
This role will suit those with the right to live & work in the EU without restrictions, as we are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Sweden / Denmark