Senior BIM Coordinator -
RED is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We are seeking to employ a Senior BIM Coordinator with experience in managing and delivering projects towards our clients’ requirements in the industry.
- Auditing of 2D CAD drawings and 3D models, especially work being sent inter-office.
- Attend BIM model co-ordination meetings if required
- Planning input to inter office (internal design team) and extra office (external design team partners) collaboration including designing, leading and executing the collaborative process when required
- Production & maintenance of live navisworks nwf files with clash detection and associated reports for each 3D project. Additional animated fly through animations when required. using Revit and Navisworks Manage
- Attendance at project meetings and presentations either in person or via online meetings to present 3D model progress, Navisworks clash reports etc to project teams and client teams if required
- Facilitating the BIM coordination meetings with multi-discipline teams including setting agendas, tracks and records the sessions, actions etc
- Leading the BIM coordination meetings with the ability to challenge in a professional manner
- Contribute to and question technical and construction issues associated with the design/modelling process
- Have an innovative and holistic approach to sustainability and building design modelling
- Liaison with lead office clients re required model modifications
- Liaise with design team to ensure that the models and detail produced are to the required standard
- Communicate project resourcing requirements to Head of Digital Engineering & Local BIM Manager
- Liaise with Project Managers and project team members to ensure that projects are delivered within required timescales
- Respond to changes in tasks and workload by amending schedules and plans
- Manage the review process with the design and construction team
- Make sure all models from all disciplines are uploaded on time per the BIM Coordination Schedule and in the correct file formats. Receive and track weekly transmittals and updates
- Ensure that the project origin shared co-ordinates or common reference point is distributed and used by all team members.
- Coordinate with BIM consultants and other RED engineers
- Auditing of models against design in review sessions Report on discrepancies in combined design/construction federated model
- Ensure project team members understand and follow the requirements of the client BIM Guidelines, using the BEP as the team’s operational guidelines and roadmap
- Ensure the BIMs are of optimum quality and appropriate level of development (LOD) for the current BIM Coordination activities defined in the BEP
- Ensure the models and data are being prepared to meet the quality standard specified in the client BEP. Check on required parameters and LOD specified in the MPDT
- Review the quality of the Equipment Vendor Revit families prior to them being placed in models, ensure they meet the LOD specified. Keep tracker of all families
- Use dedicated compare tool to check model materials, uniclass coding and model changes per week
- Acts in an Ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- Exercise straight forward technical and professional judgement using company policy, standards and procedures to guide actions and decisions
- BSC/BEng, BTEC National Dip in Construction or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline (desirable)
- Hold relevant qualifications or certificates in Autodesk Revit, Autodesk NavisWorks, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit Architecture (desirable)
- Experience of working within a contractors drawing office (site based) producing coordinated construction/ installation workshop drawings using 3D modelling software
- Proven track record of live project hands on delivery of modelling and coordination within the BIM, AutoCAD and Revit environment
- Minimum of five years Revit project experience (desirable)
- Proven track record in the setting up and adherence to BIM Model management
- Proven track record in the creation of Project BIM Execution Plans (BEP)
- Proven track record in the development of and adherence to live company BIM and modelling standards closely aligned to industry AEC standards
Specific Skills & Knowledge
You will need to possess the following professional and technical expertise:
- Fluent German speaking and ideally fluent (professional working proficiency) in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills (previous team leadership experience essential)
- Presentation skills
- Ability to cope with periods of heavy client workload, and a strong desire to deliver on their projects
- Self-motivated in approach to tasks
- A strong character who is confident with a good temperate
- Proven track record in the creation of project bim execution plans
- Knowledge of MS office word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook etc
- Previous experience of working in a global business desirable
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD 2012 to 2018 and Revit mep 2012 to 2018 (either via degree or prior practical experience) including setting up of drawing templates, building of parametric parts libraries and use of intelligent duct and pipe routines
- Experience in dealing with multi-discipline teams
- Excellent understanding of civil, structural & architectural (csa) services including construction, trade packages, inter-discipline coordination
- Ability to fully coordinate architectural, structural & mep services within the 3d modelling or 2d layout environment with outline instructions from the project engineers
- A basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems engineering and general construction work
- Knowledge and working experience in the coordination and routing of mechanical, electrical and public health services, including air conditioning, heating and ventilation, pipework services, power containment, ICT containment, lighting services, drainage, fire services etc
- A valid CSCS card desirable
Culture and Values
RED believe that people are our greatest strength, bound by ours and Engie Impact’s vision to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the environment thrive. We are passionate about making our company and the world a better place; responsible in working with commitment and accountability; collaborative with our colleagues and clients, and agile enough to work in a dynamic, changing industry.
The wide-ranging expertise of our diverse team fuels the innovation that places us on the leading edge of the energy and consulting industry. As such, we nurture a company culture—through training, mentoring and professional development—that encourages all employees to thrive.
Employees will embody the values and culture of the company internally and externally to drive high performance in a rapidly evolving business and industry.
Engage with colleagues in a manner that connects employees with the company’s purpose, demonstrates alignment with company values, and embeds company culture.
Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com.
Location : Germany (Munich)
Region : Europe
Salary : Competitive
NO AGENTS PLEASE
Location: Germany (Munich)