Senior Building Physics Engineer -
RED is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek a fully experienced Senior Building Physics Engineer to be based in our Oxford office with the ability to inspire others.
- Produce PUE models and generate outputs for engineering reports and development of designs
- Compilation and issue of building physics reports for CFD modelling, energy modelling, PUE calculations and feasibility studies acoss all business sectors.
- Undertake project work, including setting up of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) models and energy models based on design documentation and discussion with clients.
- Data manipulation of original drawings according to specification revisions.
- Use and develop in-house energy modelling tools including spreadsheets
- Preparation of design calculations and models relating to energy & sustainability.
- Technical research in the areas of renewable energy and other new technologies and developments.
- Delegated responsibility for validation of graduate engineer input into renewable energy reports and calculations
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for technical briefings to clients and Red staff
- Liaise with external with software providers/developers on product improvement
- Assist in the preparation of Award submissions
- Mentoring of Graduate engineers re sustainability discipline.
- Preparation of design calculations and models relating to sustainability.
- Undertake research as required to gather information and develop appropriate calculation methods
- Participate in knowledge collation and development of calculation methods, best practices
- Perform hydraulic pipe flow analysis using Pipe-Flo
- Compile hydraulic study of the process cooling water (PCW) system. Compile head pressure calculation on pumps
- Determine the velocity / pressure drop in network
- Compiling and assistance with CPD presentations for architects and clients
- BEng/MSc in appropriate engineering discipline is essential
- Advanced user of 6Sigma DC CFD Modelling software or equivalent (Ansys Icepack, TileFlow)
- Experience or knowledge of PUE Analysis
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications Word, etc and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Good understanding of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Good knowledge of CAD, Revit, Navis and BIM360
- Understanding of IES/ DesignBuilder/3D building modelling and analysis applied to Dynamic Simulation Modelling, BREEAM and Building Control Compliance, daylighting and energy
- Basic understanding of Building Regulations
- Ability to prioritise own and other workload and ability to work to deadlines
- Training of junior engineers in the area of CFD, energy analysis, code compliance and sustainability
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spread sheet software
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work to deadlines
- Good Team working skills and be able to work across multi offices
- Good Presentation skills
- Good understanding of BS/EN standards
- Advance knowledge of HVAC, mechanical cooling systems, DC cooling control strategy, and BMS
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com