Senior Electrical Engineer
RED is a multi-award-winning Design Consultancy whose ambition is to be a key contributor towards the zero-carbon transition as part of an enterprise-wide transformation within ENGIE Impact. ENGIE Impact was created to accelerate the sustainability transformation for corporations, cities and governments. ENGIE Impact helps organizations embed sustainability into their operational strategies, allowing them to bridge the gap between sustainability commitments and realized results that capture economic value and make organizations more competitive over the long term
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our growing team. Based from our Dublin office, the role will be involved in various projects including data centre, biopharma / pharma, medical devices, food and drink sectors with some travel to various construction sites.
Candidates should be an Electrical Engineer with over 10 years’ experience in a consulting engineering office or in an engineering role within a manufacturing company with a heavy design emphasis.
- Lighting design using Dialux
- MV/LV MCC design including, SLD preparation, breaker sizing, overload settings etc.
- MV/LV cable sizing
- Containment sizing
- Emergency lighting design to current regulations
- Fire-alarm design to current regulations
- Preparation of electrical designs and draughting of same (lighting/floor plans, etc.)
- Checking of electrical drawings
- Site work, dealing with clients/electrical contractors
- Attendance at site meetings
- Estimating values of both completed works and where required approximate values of any additional works
- Snag list preparation (of installed works)
- BEng or appropriate engineering degree
- Minimum 10 years' experience in similar role
- Familiar with electrical engineering design software suites such as Amtech, Easypower, PTW etc.
- Experienced in BIM/REVIT
- Familiar with MV & LV power distribution
- Fully conversant with current Irish Regulations e.g. ET-101:2008 (National Rules for Electrical Installations)
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent technical skills
- Good commercial awareness
- Proficient in CAD
Specific Business Understanding
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- Background in consulting or construction preferred
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to working with a rapidly expanding company on a varied selection of projects.
Situated in central Dublin close to Dart/Rail stations, the firm offers numerous benefits including car parking.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENTS PLEASE.