Singapore / Malaysia / Indonesia
RED is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We are seeking to employ a BIM Manager with experience in managing and delivering projects towards our clients’ requirements in the industry.
- Leadership and management together with compilation and issue of Revit /BIM models across all business sectors including assisting with presentational material for clients, together with training and knowledge sharing within the business.
- Library and content creation and management including developing and adherence to Red company standards closely aligned with industry AEC standard and BIMstore UK standard protocols.
- Development of and adherence to use of parametric properties of families and library parts as well as system families within Revit MEP.
- Development of and adherence to the use of intelligent families within Revit MEP to allow technical details to be moved from traditional specifications to being held within the model in a single data environment. Allowing technical information to be extracted from the model to an always coordinated data set.
- Auditing of 2D CAD drawings and 3D Models
- Planning of and partaking in “inter office” (internal design team) and “extra office” (external design team partners) collaboration including designing, leading and executing the collaborative process.
- Creation and management of company AutoCAD and Revit template files to suit project sectors.
- Setting of and adherence to new standards of high quality visual appearance of drawings and drawing sheets for colour and black and white representation.
- Production of high quality rendered images from 3D models via Revit, Sketchup and Navisworks Manage.
- Production of animated fly throughs of 3D project models using Revit and Navisworks Manage.
- Attendance at potential new project client interviews to represent Red’s BIM capabilities and to assist with bids in BIM and modelling related input.
- Attendance at project meetings and presentations either in person or via video conference to present 3D model progress to project teams and client teams.
- Knowledge sharing and sharing of skills with existing CAD and modelling staff including potential trips to other Red offices in the Middle East and Asia.
- Briefing and training of other Red staff on developed standards and systems associated with the BIM modelling and drafting processes, techniques and capabilities, together with new and latest software versions.
- Keeping abreast of latest BIM and software developments via industry magazines, online webinars, seeking knowledge of and attending industry BIM conferences etc.
- Partaking in BIM, CAD and Revit user groups where appropriate.
- Involvement and assistance in raising the profile of Red’s BIM capabilities within the industry.
- Actively partaking in occasional Red hosted BIM events by helping to prepare presentation material and taking the role of a presenter (speaking at the event) where necessary.
- Final checking of models for accuracy prior to issue making modifications or directing subordinates where required
- Liaison with lead office clients re required model modifications
- Motivating the team to increase their use of new software techniques and undertake coaching as necessary
- Liaison with lead office staff re model production
- Modelling MEP systems across all business sectors
- Develop schematic and detailed Revit/BIM MEP Models
- Co-ordinate with BIM consultants and other RED engineers
- Attend BIM model co-ordination meetings as required
- Run M&E internal Revit/BIM workshops
- Liaise with the design team to ensure that the models and detail produced are to the required standards
- Carry out a review of all models to ensure internal QA procedures are followed
- Respond to changes in tasks and workload by amending schedules and plans
- Exercise straightforward technical and professional judgement using company policy, standards and procedures to guide actions and decisions
- Flag resourcing concerns to design director and assist colleagues to ensure team timelines are met
- Have an innovative and holistic approach to sustainability and building modelling design
- Contribute to and question technical and construction issues associated with the design/modelling process
- BSC/BEng, BTEC National Dip in Construction or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline (desirable)
- Hold relevant qualifications or certificates in some or all the following desirable:
- Autodesk Revit MEP Fundamentals
- Autodesk Revit for Project Managers
- Autodesk NavisWorks
- AutoCAD 3D Drawing and Modelling
- AutoCAD Advanced
- AutoCAD MEP System Management
- SketchUp Advanced
- Revit Architecture Fundamentals
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit MEP (either via degree or prior practical experience) including setting up of projects, drawing templates, building of parametric parts libraries and use of intelligent duct and pipe systems
- Minimum of five-year Revit project experience desirable
- Member or Associate member of CIBSE/ Society of Digital Engineering or greater preferred
- Previous experience of working in a global business desirable
- Expert level of competence in:
- Revit MEP
- Navisworks Manage
- BIM 360
- Basic competence in Revit Architecture & Structure
- Proven track record of live project hands on delivery of modelling and coordination within the BIM, AutoCAD and Revit Environment.
- Understanding of BIM360 & Revit server from a logistical and user level.
- Proven track record in the setting of and adherence to BIM model management
- Proven track record in the creation of project BIM execution plans
- Proven track record in the development of and adherence to live company bim and modelling standards closely aligned to industry aec standards.
- Experience of working within a contractor working drawing office (or site based) producing coordinated construction workshop drawings using 3d modelling software.
- Excellent understanding of mep servicing installation requirements including servicing and maintenance requirements, mounting support requirements, spatial clearances, plant replacement requirements etc.
- Ability to fully coordinate mep services within the 3d modelling or 2d layout environment with outline instructions from the project engineers.
- Knowledge of MS office word, excel, PowerPoint etc
- Ability to use it based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Able to customise the AutoCAD/Revit menus, create mep parts and libraries
- Sound knowledge of key H&S issues and legislation
- A basic understanding of mechanical & electrical engineering and general construction work
- Ability to write basic scripts for automation of tasks in Dynamo/ autolisp or equivalent latest AutoCAD/Revit language desirable but not essential.
- Excellent leadership skills (previous team leadership experience essential)
- Presentation skills
- Knowledge and working experience in the coordination and routing of mechanical, electrical and public health services, including air conditioning, heating and ventilation, pipework services, power containment, ICT containment, lighting services, drainage, fire services etc
- Ability to cope with periods of client pressure and has strong desire to deliver on their projects
- Self-motivated in approach to tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
You will need to possess the following professional and technical expertise:
- Dynamic and resourceful, with strong initiative mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Easily fit into multidisciplinary and cultural teams
- Ability to prioritize own workload, and work to strict deadlines
- Defends points of view and does not hesitate to support own opinions with detailed and clear arguments when challenged.
- Excellent knowledge in office automation applications (Office 365, mainly Excel), with knowledge of SAP (desirable).
- Knowledge of IFRS Project Accounting is a plus
Specific Business Understanding
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the ethics charter and ethics in practice guidelines
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com with preferred location.
Location : Singapore / Malaysia
Region : APAC
Salary : Competitive
Location: Singapore / Malaysia / Indonesia