Senior Legal Counsel -
London, Bicester or Newcastle
RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek a Senior Legal Counsel to provide commercially focussed, sound legal advice in the UK and UAE to project teams comprised of individuals of varying seniority and experience; delivery of legal advice to be tailored accordingly.
- Drafting, review and negotiation of suite of standard form (FIDIC and ACE) and bespoke consultancy agreements, NDA’s, framework agreements and professional appointments.
- Proactive advice on and the identification of operational risk and optimal management of legal risk across RED’s global business.
- Advice on and implementation of RED’s legal policies, processes, standard contracts (including continuing and proactive review and revision) and trainings.
- Advice on and implementation of appropriate and applicable compliance procedures.
- Advice on and support in the implementation of appropriate legal structures for the delivery of projects (e.g. subsidiary, branch office).
- Effective management of external lawyers including cost management, in particular setting appropriate scope of work and adherence of budgets.
- Management of disputes, including advice on and participation in ADR
- Advice on RED’s programme of insurance and liaison with insurers and brokers to ensure appropriateness of and adequacy of programme for RED’s global operations.
- An English qualified solicitor with 6-8 years post qualification experience in-house or with a well-regarded regional, national or City firm.
- Competent in business processes and operations within a cross-organisational business
- Demonstrate autonomy, efficiency and resourcefulness in the execution of your task to meet deadlines
- Proven experience working with various stakeholders across an organisation in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Non-contentious construction lawyer with excellent knowledge of internationally recognised construction agreements including suites of industry standard form agreements, in particular FIDIC and ACE.
- Working knowledge of other relevant areas of law would be desirable, for example insolvency/litigation/M&A.
- Comfortable with contentious elements of a project, in order to advise on and mitigate risk by having an appreciation of how a project may fall into delay and/or become distressed.
- Self-starter with high levels of initiative and motivation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including ability to engage effectively with senior management.
- Exceptional drafting skills. Requirement to routinely draft bespoke provisions to and amend standard form consultancy agreements.
- Provide clear, commercial and strategic legal advice as standard.
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach to contract negotiation (and problem solving).
- Responsibility for own workload and ability to work unsupervised as well as collaboratively in a team
- Commitment to continuous development.
- Ability to work at a demanding pace and to remain calm under pressure.
- Commitment to RED’s strategy and values.
- Accuracy/excellent attention to detail
- Hours flexibility (able to carry out overtime at short notice)
- Proven experience of operating in a structured and process orientated environment
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com
Please note that we cannot accept applications from candidates needing sponsorship at this time.
Location: London, Bicester or Newcastle