Senior Legal Counsel South East
RED is an award-winning building services design consultancy. Due to continuing growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Legal Counsel
Provide direct and practical legal counsel to senior leadership of business lines. This position has significant responsibilities with respect to leadership, strategy, complex commercial agreements, compliance, transactions and partnerships, and global expansion as well as daily opportunities to impact critical business results.
- Work closely with business lines and Business Services Director to draft, review and negotiate a broad variety of complex commercial agreements with clients, vendors, and business partners.Lead and act as a representative in corporate transactions including restructurings, formations and mergers and acquisitions.
- Support operational implementation of risk, ethics and data privacy policies.
- Collaborate with Business Units on a global basis to develop and implement contract structures that support client needs.
- Manage outside counsel on litigation and other matters.
- Manage professional indemnity and contractual reviews.
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team to continually improve internal client service, build efficient processes and drive business value.
- Implement operational best practices in respect of discipline
- Provide informative and engaging Board level reporting
- Heads of Business Lines
- Legal counsel from ENGIE / Tractebel Business Units Internationally
- Client-facing team members including project managers, directors, administrators
- Legal team members
- Human Resources Business Partners
- Transversal Business Functions
- Peer group interaction with wider Engie/Tractebel counterparts
- External Legal Counsel
- Strategic Partners
- Peer group interaction with counterparts
- 10+ years of legal experience with a strong emphasis on business, finance, international, leadership, commercial contracts, and complex transactions.
- Combination of law firm and in-house experience preferred.
- Qualified to practice law in the United Kingdom
- Qualified or working experience in consulting and contract law
Skills and Specific Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to understand full scope of business operations and advise on both business and legal implications of various actions.
- Strong ability and willingness to be flexible and adaptable and build cross-functional and cross-organization relationships in a complex global environment.
- Proven track record of learning quickly, taking initiative and working proactively.
- Good presentational skills
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- French and English language skills desirable
- Working knowledge of MS Office (essential), and project management-based software (desirable)
Specific Business Understanding
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will suit a UK national as we are unable to offer sponsorship.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com
Location: South East
Have a question?
Get in touch