Senior Mechanical Engineer Singapore
RED is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek a fully experienced senior mechanical engineer to be based in our Singapore office. You will have the ability to run medium sized projects and undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Further skills will include detailed data centre experience together with the coordination of engineering project services, with a proven track record in project management and delivery of high value technology sector projects. Experience working on a range of other building types would be an advantage.
You should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and have experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations.
In addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and be capable of incorporating those technologies into data centre sector. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working building services consultancy and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Singaporean or permanent resident, a Mandarin speaker would be desirable, a Professional/Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years industry experience.
- Responsible for running of medium size projects. Undertakes a client facing role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Responsible for technical content and accuracy of Trainee, Graduates and Engineers
- Validation and checking of designs and specifications
- BEng, MSc, and have sufficient experience
- Degree Qualified, Licensed Engineer, MCIBSE/MIEE or HNC/HND + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Working towards Chartered/Professional Engineer status
- Competent in specification design/drawing for several building types
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS SC and International design codes and Standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Managerial Skills
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com
Have a question?
Get in touch