Senior Network Engineer
RED is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek a Senior Network Engineer to be based in our London office.
- Experience supporting multiple global data centers
- Experience with host and network-based security across multiple architectures and platforms
- Knowledge of security industry standards such as ISO and NIST a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with cloud computing concepts and application security architecture
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills with an ability to represent complex data in executive level graphical reporting dashboards
- Extensive expertise with general firewall configuration and support, including IPsec VPN configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls, Cisco switches and Meraki Wireless Access Points strongly preferred
- Experience with VeloCloud SD-WAN desired
- Significant experience with load balancing appliances and software, such as Citrix NetScaler and/or Zscaler preferred
- Strong experience in network traffic monitoring, analysis, packet capture, and troubleshooting
- Prior experience installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, BGP, 802.1x)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Able to convey it matters at an understandable level
EXPERIENCE AND DIPLOMA
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field of study with a network engineering focus.
- 10+ years of IT operational support experience, preferably in a global infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience as a network engineering or network security professional with a focus on network architecture, implementation and support
- Design operational standards for firewall configurations, network change requests, documentation, and performance troubleshooting procedures in a global environment.
- Maintain a secure and auditable firewall configuration.
- Provide technical leadership for troubleshooting network performance issues.
- Design, implement, and maintain a proactive network monitoring strategy.
- Work closely with Infrastructure and Information Security teams on the network design improvements, development, and operation of secure services.
- Provide trusted advice to management on network security architecture and operational improvements.
- Evaluate emerging network and firewall management tools and other related products.
- Be self-motivated and flexible, ability to prioritize and multi-task on multiple highly visible and complex projects.
- Work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Maintain expert knowledge and experience with network security standards
- Able to work within a defined change management process and willingness to participate in periodic after-hours scheduled maintenance
SPECIFIC BUSINESS UNDERSTANDING
- Good understanding of international working and IT operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit UK nationals are we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com