Senior R&D Engineer -
London / Bicester
We now seek a fully experienced Senior R&D Engineer (mechanical or electrical) to be based in either our London or Oxford office. You will be responsible for developing mechanical or electrical designs for R&D engineering projects. You will undertake a role in the development and design of engineering services, implementing new ideas and new technologies for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, equipment, etc. in data centres.
- Responsible for developing mechanical or electrical designs for R&D engineering projects. Undertakes a role in the development and design of engineering services, implementing new ideas and new technologies for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, equipment, etc. in data centres
- Researches new and emerging technologies (including renewables) in data centre engineering and where appropriate implement them into test designs
- Innovate new designs that aim to make the operational & construction environmental Impact of data centres as positive as possible. Target – The Net Zero Impact Data Centre
- Be at the forefront of new thinking for data centre design
- Create designs and engineering solutions that can then be implemented into client projects.
- Work with RED project teams to implement new solutions into live project designs.
- Keep the RED library of concept designs up to date with new solutions
- Present new design solutions both internally and to external clients
- Generate white papers and technical articles for publication
- Present innovative engineering ideas and solutions at industry events
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
- Responsible for coaching junior members of the team
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors’ teams
- Ensures engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Leads on the project and engineering coordination
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
- MSc/MEng or PHD in appropriate engineering discipline
- MCIBSE/MIEE or working towards Chartered Engineer status
- At least 5 years’ experience in the design of building services with at least 3 years experience in the design of data centres
- Ability to research
- Ability to think innovatively
- An excellent understanding of mechanical/electrical engineering from first principles
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Presentation skills
- Technical report writing skills
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel, etc.
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS EN standards / UK Regulations / Codes / UTI / UKGBC
- Good understanding of the world climate emergency
Specific Business Understanding
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
We are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com
NO AGENTS PLEASE.
Location: London / Bicester