Senior R&D Engineer
We now seek a fully experienced Senior R&D Engineer (Mechanical) to be based in our London office. You will be responsible for developing mechanical designs for R&D engineering projects. You will undertake a role in the development and design of engineering services, implementing new ideas and new technologies for Mechanical installations, systems, equipment, etc. in data centres.
- Responsible for developing mechanical designs for R&D engineering projects.
- Undertakes a role in the development and design of engineering services, implementing new ideas and new technologies for Mechanical installations, systems, equipment, etc. in data centres
- Researches new and emerging technologies (including renewables) in data centre engineering and where appropriate implement them into test designs
- Innovate new designs that aim to make the operational & construction environmental Impact of data centres as positive as possible. Target – The Net Zero Impact Data Centre
- Be at the forefront of new thinking for data centre design
- Create designs and engineering solutions that can then be implemented into client projects.
- Work with RED project teams to implement new solutions into live project designs.
- Keep the RED library of concept designs up to date with new solutions
- Present new design solutions both internally and to external clients
- Generate white papers and technical articles for publication
- Present innovative engineering ideas and solutions at industry events
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
- Responsible for coaching junior members of the team
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors’ teams
- Ensures engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Leads on the project and engineering coordination
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
- MSc/MEng or PHD in appropriate engineering discipline
- MCIBSE/MIEE or working towards Chartered Engineer status
- At least 5 years’ experience in the design of building services with at least 3 years experience in the design of data centres
- Ability to research
- Ability to think innovatively
- An excellent understanding of mechanical/electrical engineering from first principles
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Presentation skills
- Technical report writing skills
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel, etc.
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS EN standards / UK Regulations / Codes / UTI / UKGBC
- Good understanding of the world climate emergency
Specific Business Understanding
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
RED believe that people are our greatest strength, bound by ours and Engie Impact’s vision to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the environment thrive. We are passionate about making our company and the world a better place; responsible in working with commitment and accountability; collaborative with our colleagues and clients, and agile enough to work in a dynamic, changing industry.
The wide-ranging expertise of our diverse team fuels the innovation that places us on the leading edge of the energy and consulting industry. As such, we nurture a company culture—through training, mentoring and professional development—that encourages all employees to thrive.
Employees will embody the values and culture of the company internally and externally to drive high performance in a rapidly evolving business and industry.
Engage with colleagues in a manner that connects employees with the company’s purpose, demonstrates alignment with company values, and imbeds company culture
Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
We are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com
Location: London, UK