Senior Service Desk Technician
RED is a multi-award-winning Design Consultancy whose ambition is to be a key contributor towards the zero-carbon transition as part of an enterprise-wide transformation within ENGIE Impact. ENGIE Impact was created to accelerate the sustainability transformation for corporations, cities and governments. ENGIE Impact helps organizations embed sustainability into their operational strategies, allowing them to bridge the gap between sustainability commitments and realized results that capture economic value and make organizations more competitive over the long term
We now seek a Senior Service Desk Technician to support the wider IT team. The role will be based in Dublin.
The Senior Service Desk Technician will take delegated responsibility for providing office based and remote out of hours ICT first line support, together with assisting the IT Manager with IT related projects
- Delegated responsibility for providing office based and remote out of hours ICT first line support, together with assisting the IT Manager with IT related projects
- Performing duties during the evening and on the weekend occurs occasionally and as part of an on-call rotation
- Utilize specialized technical skill set to provide hardware, software and network consultation and support onsite and over the phone for internal and external clients
- Respond to client requests in a timely fashion
- Independently investigate, research, resolve and document end user problems
- Provide routine maintenance and troubleshooting of business equipment including, but not limited to, computers, laptops, monitors, desktop phones, projectors, web cams, printers, copiers, and optical scanners by responding to telephone calls, emails, tickets, and other technical support requests
- Perform lifecycle replacements of various end user equipment
- Maintain current expertise in operation and application of standard workstation hardware and software
- Setup and maintain desktop backend services such as desktop/laptop deployment services, anti-virus/malware detection, remote laptop backup services, desktop configuration policies, and desktop patch management
- Provide recommendations to management for improvements regarding desktop and application management
- Assist senior-level team members in various infrastructure projects
- Support one off major projects in line with IT strategy
- Traveling off-site may be required
- Bachelors degree in Computer Sciences, Technical Certification from an accredited technical school or combination of experience and knowledge considered 4 plus year equivalent education
- Applicable Microsoft / CompTIA or equivalent industry certifications preferred
- Four to seven years’ experience in Technical Support
- Some Project Management experience desired
- Experience with LanDesk a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of desktop and laptop computer hardware
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office tool set.
- Effective knowledge of network protocols and basic services including TCP/IP, DHCP, VoIP, WiFi, and DNS
- Ability to create, edit and deploy computer/software group policies
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Able to document resolutions and promote a “Shift Left” software developing testing culture
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Liaise with external suppliers and third-party it providers if required
- Able to convey it matters at an understandable level
- Provide a logical approach to problem analysis and resolution
- Proven experience in a pc and network support environment
SPECIFIC BUSINESS UNDERSTANDING
- Good understanding of international working and IT operations of a global consultancy.
CULTURE AND VALUES
RED believe that people are our greatest strength, bound by ours and Engie Impact’s vision to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the environment thrive. We are passionate about making our company and the world a better place; responsible in working with commitment and accountability; collaborative with our colleagues and clients, and agile enough to work in a dynamic, changing industry.
Employees will embody the values and culture of the company internally and externally to drive high performance in a rapidly evolving business and industry.
Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the ethics charter and ethics in practice guidelines
Engage with colleagues in a manner that connects employees with the company’s purpose, demonstrates alignment with company values, and imbeds company culture.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
RED operates an agile and professional office working environment, based around collaboration and openness.
Excellent welfare facilities and a friendly, inclusive workforce.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
We are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com