Service Desk Technician -
RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
Through our market leading technical expertise, we enable the world’s digital infrastructure and develop the built environment whilst also helping clients realise ambitious plans for zero carbon-built environments. We cover the entire life cycle of any building project, with our broad capability offering saving our clients time, money, and effort. Our approach is centred around listening to our clients and interacting energetically with our fellow project stakeholders. We add value with our people, client service ethos, global delivery strategy, technical ability, and attitude.
This is an experienced position for providing technical support to employees and customers. Utilizing primarily independent decision making the individual will, research, respond to, and resolve problems, or will occasionally escalate problems to more senior team members. There is a strong focus on customer service, as this position is the front line for all service requests.
- Manage user physical and logical security (including adds/deletes/changes & audits) for variety of systems.
- Utilize specialized technical skill set to provide hardware, software and network consultation and support onsite and over the phone for internal and external clients.
- Respond to client requests in a timely fashion.
- Independently investigate, research, resolve and document end user problems.
- Provide routine maintenance and troubleshooting of business equipment including, but not limited to, computers, laptops, monitors, desktop phones, projectors, web cams, printers, copiers, and optical scanners by responding to telephone calls, emails, tickets, and other technical support requests.
- Perform lifecycle replacements of various end user equipment.
- Maintain current expertise in operation and application of standard workstation hardware and software.
- Assist senior-level team members in various infrastructure projects.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, Technical Certification from an accredited technical school or combination of experience and knowledge considered 2-4 years’ equivalent education.
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the ethics charter and ethics in practice guidelines
- Good understanding of international working and IT operations of a global consultancy.
- Applicable Microsoft / CompTIA or equivalent industry certifications preferred.
- 2+ years experience in Technical Support.
- Some Project Management experience desired.
- Broad knowledge of desktop and laptop computer hardware.
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office tool set.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to plan and make judgements to accomplish goals and deadlines.
- Ability to travel to our other UK offices as needed
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org