Sustainability Consultant/Engineer (BREEAM)
Bicester/ London/ Newcastle/ Guildford/ Dublin
RED is an expanding international ME&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We are seeking to employ a Sustainability Consultant/Engineer (BREEAM) to join our Sustainability Solutions & Climate Change team. You will have responsibility for supporting wide ranging sustainability appointments under the RIBA Green overlay framework with an emphasis on BREEAM.
The ideal candidate will have a full UK driving licence.
- Making sustainability happen today
- Willing to lead/support wide ranging sustainability appointments under the RIBA Green overlay framework with an emphasis on BREEAM
- Will to get your hands dirty and undertake site inspection and audits in support of SS&CC appointments
- Issuing of reports, meeting minutes, contractual documentation, calculations, technical reports, presentations and action lists
- Carry out independent reading and research to support the sustainability team
- Lead BREEAM Projects, bids and tender preparation and co-ordination with wider bidding and design teams
- Flexibility to assist our assessors in meeting business/project deadlines
- Required BREEAM Registered AP
- Advantageous: Working towards one or more of the following: (LEED AP, WELL, Fitwel, NABERs, ISO 50001, LCEA Level 5, TRUE, DNGB) qualification / willing to become (as above)
- Educated to degree level in engineering/ environment discipline
- Up to 18 months’ experience delivering sustainability projects working with external stakeholders
- An appreciation of the planning process and the construction process in the UK.
- General understanding of Building Services design and engineering terms
- Submitting high quality written reports to BRE Quality Assurance level or equivalent
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Flexibility - to meet deadlines (and know when to push them back) and to travel to site meeting/inspections
- Advanced knowledge of excel (essential) and word/outlook (desirable)
- Good knowledge of working online remotely from home using Zoom/Teams/Google Docs etc.
- Good knowledge of MS office applications including PowerPoint and publisher
- Use of tracker plus and other project information software such as 4projects
- Full UK driving licence
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in a sustainable manner and follow the principles of the Sustainability guidelines of the Group
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
- The role will ideally suit UK nationals as we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Location: Bicester/ London/ Newcastle/ Guildford/ Dublin