Sustainability Consultant/Engineer (LCA/LCEA)
Dublin / London / Oxford / Newcastle / Guildford
RED is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We are looking for a Sustainability Consultant/Engineer (LCA/LCEA) to join our Sustainability Solutions & Climate Change team. The ideal candidate will lead wide ranging sustainability appointments under the RIBA Green overlay framework with an emphasis on LCA for standalone reports but also for LEED & BREEAM credits.
The ideal candidate will have a full UK driving licence.
- Making sustainability happen today
- Willing to lead wide ranging sustainability appointments under the RIBA Green overlay framework with an emphasis on LCA for standalone reports but also for LEED & BREEAM credits.
- Willing to lead/support IES modelling for Part L & EPC submissions in England (Scotland/Wales/Ireland would be an advantage) LCEA Level 4 working towards level 5 as a minimum.
- Will to get your hands dirty and undertake site inspection and audits in support of SS&CC appointments
- Issuing of reports, meeting minutes, contractual documentation, calculations, technical reports, presentations and action lists
- Carry out independent reading and research to support the sustainability team
- Support Part L, EPC, IES modelling, bids and tender preparation and co-ordination with wider bidding and design teams
- Flexibility to assist our assessors in meeting business/project deadlines
- Required CIBSE LCEA Level 4 or 5 (min)
- Advantageous: Working towards one or more of the following: (BREEAM AP, LEED GA, WELL, Fitwel, NABERs, ISO 50001, TRUE, DNGB) qualification / willing to become (as above)
- Educated to degree level in engineering/ environment discipline
- An appreciation of the planning process and the construction process in the UK.
- General understanding of Building Services design and engineering terms
- Submitting high quality written reports to BRE Quality Assurance level or equivalent
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Flexibility - to meet deadlines (and know when to push them back) and to travel to site meeting/inspections
- Advanced knowledge of excel (essential) and word/outlook (desirable)
- Good knowledge of working online remotely from home using Zoom/Teams/Google Docs etc.
- Good knowledge of MS office applications including PowerPoint and publisher
- Use of tracker plus and other project information software such as 4projects
- Full UK driving licence
- Accuracy/excellent attention to detail
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit UK nationals as we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENTS PLEASE.
Location: Dublin / London / Oxford / Newcastle / Guildford