Team Secretary -
RED is an award-winning building services design consultancy. We are looking for an experienced Team Secretary to join our friendly, fast paced and creative working environment in our Newcastle office.
- To provide Secretarial support to project teams, including senior management in conjunction with assisting in the smooth running of operations.
- To manage our client facing services on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks, supporting the wider admin.
- Provide an exceptional meet and greet service at all times, proactively welcoming visitors and clients.
- Manage the meeting space diaries and process all requests efficiently and professionally.
- Organise, set up and clear refreshments/catering when requested.
- Perform regular meeting room and waiting area checks throughout the day.
- Pre-book all external guests in security system.
- Issue temp passes and keep the pass log updated.
- Handle all incoming telephone calls/enquiries promptly giving a warm, courteous welcome and moving messages forward in a timely manner where appropriate.
- Monitor and order all office stationery & kitchen stock.
- Management and organisation of CPD Seminars and organisation of refreshments and catering as appropriate.
- Book couriers and receive packages for distribution.
- Deal with incoming email and post and scanning of documents.
- Administration of holiday entitlement for engineering staff.
- Take delegated responsibility for making domestic and international travel arrangements, preparation of itineraries and insurance documentation for engineering staff.
- Assist engineers with completion of expenses / timesheets / Work Schedules.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar clerical / administrative role.
Skills / Knowledge
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Pragmatic and flexible approach to tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good understanding of ethics and compliance constitution, processes and terminology (essential).
- Hours flexibility (able to carry out overtime at short notice).
- Competent in research aspects and presenting findings.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to prepare impactful and succinct graphical information from multiple data sources.
- Good understanding of business issues and eager to work in an international environment.
- Adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and orally.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
Specific Business Understanding
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
Internal / External Interfaces
- Board Directors, Project Managers, Project Teams Non-technical / administrative colleagues
- Collaborating globally with peers and counterparts
- Developing long-term business relationships with colleagues
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
The role will ideally suit those with the right to live and work in the UK as we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.