Technical Director -
RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek a fully experienced Technical Director to be based in our Bicester office, with the ability to inspire others.
You will have the ability to provide and maintain high quality client facing relationships and internal management, team leadership and project delivery whilst acting with integrity and high professional standards.
- Takes Team Management and leadership role in the development, design and coordination of engineering project services.
- Assists the Directors with Business strategy and management.
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of project fee proposals.
- Working closely with clients and project team to establish project requirements.
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client or others.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes.
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical / mechanical installations.
- Fiscal and commercial management of projects to ensure they return the target margin.
- Leadership and hands on delivery of monitoring of construction and installation on projects.
- Liaising with existing clients to establish long term relationships and future upcoming projects.
- Liaising with future client prospects and general business development.
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards.
- Hands on involvement in local office management in conjunction with other members of the senior management team.
- Support clients in tender and procurement of MEP contractors and MEP equipment.
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services, together with hands-on delivery of concept and details designs.
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation.
- Mentoring and development of younger members of the engineering team.
- Production of technical white papers to promote the technical capabilities of Red.
- Hands-on involvement in the sector management team in conjunction with other members of the team.
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the RED Project Delivery Process from a Project Management, Financial Management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective.
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions.
- Presenting technical papers at industry events where the opportunity arises.
- Surveys and due diligence reports of existing data centres.
- BSc/BEng in appropriate engineering discipline/BEng General Building Services or have sufficient equivalent experience.
- MCIBSE/MIEE or HND/HNC + appropriate experience or equivalent.
- Chartered Eng status.
- Significant experience of specification design for a range of building types.
- Experience of having managed projects abroad (desirable).
Specific Skills & Knowledge
- Sound knowledge & working application of key health and safety issues and legislation.
- Appreciation & working knowledge of contract and business law.
- Knowledge of MS office applications word, excel etc.
- Flexible and self-motivational approach to work.
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software.
- Good understanding of BS standards/ UK regulations / codes.
- Experience and understanding of invoicing and credit control.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Presentation skills.
- Leadership & mentoring skills.
- Chairing/facilitation of meeting skills.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com