Junior Document Controller - London
RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
Through our market leading technical expertise, we enable the world’s digital infrastructure and develop the built environment whilst also helping clients realise ambitious plans for zero carbon-built environments. We cover the entire life cycle of any building project, with our broad capability offering saving our clients time, money, and effort. Our approach is centred around listening to our clients and interacting energetically with our fellow project stakeholders. We add value with our people, client service ethos, global delivery strategy, technical ability, and attitude.
We now seek a Junior Document Controller to be based in our London office, with the ability to inspire others. You will be personable, enthusiastic, innovative and organised. You will be passionate to find more efficient ways of working, and interested in engineering.
- Providing support to engineering staff via the accurate filing and document management of drawings and other project related documents and maintain efficient document control systems in line with QA procedures.
- Adhere to all activities related to the document control procedure, including documents, drawings, minutes of meetings.
- Input document data into standard registers ensuring that the information is accurate and up to date.
- Make sure that controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings are given to the appropriate staff, subcontractors and suppliers as applicable
- Maintain the files and control logs as required by the project
- Read and understand project and corporate naming and numbering procedures. · Maintain accurate registers and actions lists
- Understand the design team for whom you work for and their roles and ensure that the team complies with project document control and project document numbering procedures.
- Understand what an online portal/electronic data management system (EDMS) is.
- Check all emails (incoming/outgoing) documents – For Incoming:
- Download documents via (online portals)
- Print emails with downloaded documents (mark-ups/comments)
- Save the downloaded Electronic Documents to their designated folders
- Record the incoming documents
- For Outgoing Documents:
- Check the documents (Revisions, Revision Clouds, versions, etc..)
- Create packages that are presentable for client consumption.
- Prepares a Transmittal Sheet.
- Issue/upload documents via (online portals) to Front office or client
- Record the Issued drawings.
- Check EDMS or relevant document portal:
- Download information from portal
- Prepare Reports using data from the EDMS or Portal
- Maintain and organise hard copy documents in “blue folder” system, together with hard and soft copy filing of documents.
- Archive, retrieve, and store documentation adhering to company standards and policies.
- Check that all information complies with specified company formats, templates, and standards.
- Assist with quality checks and audits of document databases, identifying and correcting any anomalies.
- Assist with the coordination of document management across the whole project including policies, protocols and practice
- Understanding of the disciplines that go into building and construction
- Understanding of online portals and EDMS’
- Good knowledge of MS Office Outlook, Word and especially Excel
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Ability to prioritize own workload.
- Highly organized in maintaining project files and keeping a calendar of schedule in MS Outlook
- Ability to keep clear and accurate records and reports
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Understanding what a consultancy is.
- Upholds a standard of uniformity within the office
RED offers a variety of benefits, including but not limited to:
- 23 days annual leave rising to 28 days annual leave over 5 years’ service
- Holiday purchase and buy back scheme
- Hybrid Working
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Healthcare Scheme via salary sacrifice (Company funded cover is dependant on level)
- Non-contractual bonus awards
- Training sponsorship
- Charity volunteering leave
- Wellness days/ initiatives.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com
*This role will ideally suit those with the right to live & work in the UK without restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.